Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ground of appeal is:
    The decision in R v Dica is restricted to the transmission of disease through sexual intercourse.
    Im arguing against this but I'm so confused on what to actually say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChappazLg)
    My ground of appeal is:
    The decision in R v Dica is restricted to the transmission of disease through sexual intercourse.
    Im arguing against this but I'm so confused on what to actually say?
    Have you made any submissions yet? What arguments can you think of right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero_gravity)
    Have you made any submissions yet? What arguments can you think of right now?
    I can only think of an argument along the lines of that the defendant has not consented to the infection?

All cases on the OAPA are on sexual intercourse, whereas this case the facts are:

Dan has recently been told he has Hepatitis C, which then he informed his coach and other players on his team about his condition and asked that he be allowed to continue training while he received treatment. The team agreed Dan could train with them in spite of his diagnosis as he was a key player.

Then Dan decided to tackle hard a younger player with speed, dropping him to the ground causing a gash to his forehead. Dan administered first aid, without him knowing that he had also suffered from a cut. This led to him infecting the player with hepatitis C.

I find the case hard, to put a submission together

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.