Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's basically someone I slept with a few weeks ago, told me he liked me, I' but he doesn't want a relationship because he's not staying in the UK, so he was sad etc. and really sorry but we agreed that we should be friends because we get on well etc.
    Anyway, we were talking a lot online but he started becoming more distant and it was essentially me who was just starting the conversations.. we were supposed to be going to the cinema together and he'd agreed to it.. then it started being stuff like I haven't seen your message, my phone's broken, I've got no money etc. and Ijust sort of 'got' it.
    Then I saw him out at the weekend and he was so touchy-feely with me; I mean he didn't try anything on but he kept putting his arm round me, touched my face, was teasing me etc. and yeah then online he's odd.. he will never start a convo with me anymore but when I start one with him he asks me questions, tells me stories, etc. he's never cold.
    Can't understand him at all, just think he's trying to 'get rid of me' and doesn't actually like me in that way. As a result I'm gonna stop speaking to him completely.. can anyone work out his behaviour? I can't lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's basically someone I slept with a few weeks ago, told me he liked me, I' but he doesn't want a relationship because he's not staying in the UK, so he was sad etc. and really sorry but we agreed that we should be friends because we get on well etc.
    Anyway, we were talking a lot online but he started becoming more distant and it was essentially me who was just starting the conversations.. we were supposed to be going to the cinema together and he'd agreed to it.. then it started being stuff like I haven't seen your message, my phone's broken, I've got no money etc. and Ijust sort of 'got' it.
    Then I saw him out at the weekend and he was so touchy-feely with me; I mean he didn't try anything on but he kept putting his arm round me, touched my face, was teasing me etc. and yeah then online he's odd.. he will never start a convo with me anymore but when I start one with him he asks me questions, tells me stories, etc. he's never cold.
    Can't understand him at all, just think he's trying to 'get rid of me' and doesn't actually like me in that way. As a result I'm gonna stop speaking to him completely.. can anyone work out his behaviour? I can't lol
    To be honest, it seems to me that he is just waiting to try to break to you that he doesn't want to be with you anymore. I have felt like that before. He's trying not to break his relationship with you but he loves you so much that he can't. I think though you should just ask directly. He is trying to run away from his past but can't make himself do it.

Sorry I probably didn't make it clear in the post,but we have never been in a relationship, we just slept together one time, but spent a couple of weeks talking before that and a few after, but he never starts convos anymore though he's really friendly when I start them, so i've decided to stop completely. Then, he's really sweet and tactile in person and has made flirty comments about my appearance, so confusing :s

ReputationRep:
    Damnit I wrote a long reply but didn't work. So I'll bullet point it.

From his perspective
    - you are a fun flirty girl who he likes sleeping with.
    - he doesn't want a relationship and is probably chasing other women.

You have a choice:
    If you are cool with that then just keep being casual and he will come to you.
    If you are not ok with it, you must cut him off.
    If you want a relationship or a more serious arrangement bad you have to step your game up.

(Original post by t3h_y0u553f)
    Damnit I wrote a long reply but didn't work. So I'll bullet point it.

From his perspective
    - you are a fun flirty girl who he likes sleeping with.
    - he doesn't want a relationship and is probably chasing other women.

You have a choice:
    If you are cool with that then just keep being casual and he will come to you.
    If you are not ok with it, you must cut him off.
    If you want a relationship or a more serious arrangement bad you have to step your game up.

hey sorry I didn't see this... ah that sucks about the message thing ahah

thanks for the reply, appreciate it! We've only slept together once, and apparently (so he told me) he would have liked to have a relationship but he's moving abroad in a couple of months and doesn't want a long-distance one..

he might well be chasing other women yeah! He apparently doesn't want the commitment of long-distance (in other countries) which I can understand!

I think the problem is I've played it way too keen by talking to him a lot on fb... unfortunately we get on brilliantly; can talk about all kinds of things and talk for hours..but it's true I don't really flirt or anything at all.. I've made one or two very subtle comments and that's it. What else do you reckon I could do to step my game up? Thanks

bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey sorry I didn't see this... ah that sucks about the message thing ahah

thanks for the reply, appreciate it! We've only slept together once, and apparently (so he told me) he would have liked to have a relationship but he's moving abroad in a couple of months and doesn't want a long-distance one..

he might well be chasing other women yeah! He apparently doesn't want the commitment of long-distance (in other countries) which I can understand!

I think the problem is I've played it way too keen by talking to him a lot on fb... unfortunately we get on brilliantly; can talk about all kinds of things and talk for hours..but it's true I don't really flirt or anything at all.. I've made one or two very subtle comments and that's it. What else do you reckon I could do to step my game up? Thanks
    Do you think its possible he's simply trying to treat you as a friend with benefits?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.