Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustPolly101)
    Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?
    • Great price
    • Good Insurance
    • Known for having a powerful engine
    • Looks great

ReputationRep:
    £5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.

ReputationRep:
    Mitsubishi Lancer. 1.6, not that much BHP, cheap insurance for myself. Get some for around £1,000 for 60K ish miles. Cheap parts and repairs, japanese cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with a Corsa. Very cheap to insurance and tend to be cheaper to maintain. They also have sound Eco engines (small engines with guts!). You should be able to get a 13/14 plate for that budget. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozen_fire)
    £5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm 18 why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?
    • Great price
    • Good Insurance
    • Known for having a powerful engine
    • Looks great
    I was leaning more towards the Peugeot, mostly because that was what I learnt in haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.
    That was my aim for creating this thread; to find out what most people think are good first cars because I don't have profuse knowledge or experience to know which one would be. What do you think would be a good choice for a first car??

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.