Typical First car dilemmas...

Watch
JustPolly101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
undercxver
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JustPolly101)
Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?
  • Great price
  • Good Insurance
  • Known for having a powerful engine
  • Looks great
frozen_fire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
£5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.
Martinez96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mitsubishi Lancer. 1.6, not that much BHP, cheap insurance for myself. Get some for around £1,000 for 60K ish miles. Cheap parts and repairs, japanese cheap.
Club YCD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd go with a Corsa. Very cheap to insurance and tend to be cheaper to maintain. They also have sound Eco engines (small engines with guts!). You should be able to get a 13/14 plate for that budget. Good luck!
JustPolly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by frozen_fire)
£5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18 why??
JustPolly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by undercxver)
Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?
  • Great price
  • Good Insurance
  • Known for having a powerful engine
  • Looks great
I was leaning more towards the Peugeot, mostly because that was what I learnt in haha
JustPolly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.
That was my aim for creating this thread; to find out what most people think are good first cars because I don't have profuse knowledge or experience to know which one would be. What do you think would be a good choice for a first car??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.51%

Watched Threads