Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone doing AS Level AQA French tell me how they find Section A in the exam paper (unit 1)? I'm currently in year 11 and I have tried a couple of past papers but I was just wondering if that is supposed to be the part of the paper that you need to get really really high marks in to do well, as I didn't find the papers that I did as impossibly hard as I was expecting. I know the specification is going to be different for me but I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Apparently most people get the better grade for unit 2 (speaking), so more effort does have to go into the unit 1 paper. To be honest, listening is easier at AS than gcse, and the reading is only more difficult when you don't know your vocab. For me, the writing is the main issue. You need to revise your content points for each topic well to be able to answer the question at a high enough standard to get As or Bs, but I agree with you that the papers aren't as difficult as I was expecting either. But remember the exam is only one year from the gcse exam, so they can't make it impossibly difficult to pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bamboolie)
    Apparently most people get the better grade for unit 2 (speaking), so more effort does have to go into the unit 1 paper. To be honest, listening is easier at AS than gcse, and the reading is only more difficult when you don't know your vocab. For me, the writing is the main issue. You need to revise your content points for each topic well to be able to answer the question at a high enough standard to get As or Bs, but I agree with you that the papers aren't as difficult as I was expecting either. But remember the exam is only one year from the gcse exam, so they can't make it impossibly difficult to pass.
    Ok thank you!! I think writing is going to be my biggest issue as well, especially with the new specification!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.