Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do people stay motivated to revise and do coursework and homework? Nothing seems to be working for me, even my Maths teacher telling us that these grades would be what help us into Uni, I just don't really care anymore! Help would be appreciated.

I also have a problem with procrastination. (I mean I have been on TSR for two hours instead of doing coursework ) How do people beat procrastination and scare themselves into revising?

Thanks in advance,
    Soph

ReputationRep:
    I would help you but I'm on TSR experiencing the same thing. A*AA seems impossible
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Make revision fun and incorporate it into every day things like if you kick a football think about the physics of the projectile (just an example)

I have a GYG thread and you can check it out as there could be some revision tips you might want to use, or you can post a message and I will help you further

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOKU27)
    I would help you but I'm on TSR experiencing the same thing. A*AA seems impossible
    It's not impossible! Believe that you can do it, and you will. Before you walk into the exam hall, think that you can do it and trust me you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOKU27)
    I'm sure that with the correct revision techniques you can get there! (See I can encourage others and not myself, which is annoying!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Make revision fun and incorporate it into every day things like if you kick a football think about the physics of the projectile (just an example)

I have a GYG thread and you can check it out as there could be some revision tips you might want to use, or you can post a message and I will help you further

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511
    Thanks! I will give your GYG a read! I have one as well if you wanted to have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...061&p=63376541 .
    I would love to make revision fun but how are flash cards and past paper fun?!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    Thanks! I will give your GYG a read! I have one as well if you wanted to have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...061&p=63376541 .
    I would love to make revision fun but how are flash cards and past paper fun?!
    Your blog is fantastic and I remember coming across it in the past, as you want to do medicine at uni?

I get what you mean and saying make revision fun is easier said than done. How are you for revising with diagrams as I have found making diagrams of, says, Geography formations really fun and then it helps remember them whilst they are the wall - or sketchnoting is quite effective too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Your blog is fantastic and I remember coming across it in the past, as you want to do medicine at uni?

I get what you mean and saying make revision fun is easier said than done. How are you for revising with diagrams as I have found making diagrams of, says, Geography formations really fun and then it helps remember them whilst they are the wall - or sketchnoting is quite effective too
    How do you sketchnote? And thanks For Geography I enjoy drawing volcanoes in particular... but then I just draw volcanoes instead of actually revising!!

ReputationRep:
    I am the same! I really want to do well and get the grades, just lacking motivation recently and part of me doesn't care :/ I am also the same in that I find it easy to encourage others, just not myself haha

ReputationRep:
    How do people stay motivated to revise and do coursework and homework? Nothing seems to be working for me, even my Maths teacher telling us that these grades would be what help us into Uni, I just don't really care anymore! Help would be appreciated.

I also have a problem with procrastination. (I mean I have been on TSR for two hours instead of doing coursework ) How do people beat procrastination and scare themselves into revising?

Thanks in advance,
    Soph
    Try watching a university video on YouTube about your subject or career. It really does help.

I really shouldn't be giving advise, since I lost all my motivation for 4months now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Try watching a university video on YouTube about your subject or career. It really does help.

I really shouldn't be giving advise, since I lost all my motivation for 4months now
    Thanks, I'll give it a try - don't worry, I give people advice and look at me!
    Thanks,
    Soph

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll give it a try - don't worry, I give people advice and look at me!
    Thanks,
    Soph
    What exam board are you on for Geography?

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you on for Geography?
    AQA, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    AQA, what about you?
    I did it on Edexcel. Try using Quizlet to revise for Geography. All I pretty much did was just use flashcards to remember everything, and then moved straight to questions

ReputationRep:
    I did it on Edexcel. Try using Quizlet to revise for Geography. All I pretty much did was just use flashcards to remember everything, and then moved straight to questions
    Thanks I'll give it a try (and maybe try and stop drawing volcanoes...)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.