Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    Israel a small cash-strapped nation surrounded by enemies
    In what sense is Israel "cash-strapped", especially when the comparison is Gaza?

As for the "surrounded by enemies" nonsense, Israel has full peace treaties and normal diplomatic relations with Egypt and Jordan and has done for decades now. It has an interim peace agreement with the PLO since 1993. This myth is propagated by nationalist ideology necessitating a siege mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Not so.

There is a difference between civilians being hit as one nation attempts to gain a strategic advantage and deliberate killing for the purpose of personal entertainment which is psychopathic.
    Yet plenty of historical armies have killed civilians for reasons which do not appear rational or for any obvious gain. And of course, that's before we go into any reason why the Israeli government and IDF might have political/military reasons for wanting to kill civilians, or at least be indifferent to their fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    In what sense is Israel "cash-strapped", especially when the comparison is Gaza?

As for the "surrounded by enemies" nonsense, Israel has full peace treaties and normal diplomatic relations with Egypt and Jordan and has done for decades now. It has an interim peace agreement with the PLO since 1993. This myth is propagated by nationalist ideology necessitating a siege mentality.
    It doesn't have the finds to run a military operation with no strategic value 'for the lolz' as this thread implies.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have the finds to run a military operation with no strategic value 'for the lolz' as this thread implies.
    Terrorizing Palestinians does appear to be part of their strategy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Why are people struggling to believe that the IDF have indiscriminately killed civilians?
    May be because of constant lie of apologists of terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    And if you actually read all of my OP, I asked how likely it was that the solider's account was true. I didn't say that the source was 100% accurate.
    The name of this forum is "News and current affairs" and not "Political fantasy".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Terrorizing Palestinians does appear to be part of their strategy.
    Terrorising Israel seems to be many's strategies.
    Regular rocket attacks, stabbings, shootings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    So we are agreed. Terrorizing is a strategy often employed.

It gets employed by states as well as terrorist groups. What you said does not mean Isreal does not employ terrorist like tactics on Palestinians.

(Original post by admonit)
    The name of this forum is "News and current affairs" and not "Political fantasy".
    You have to be very blind and selective if you think the sort of thing in the OP doesn't happen. It would not be at all unusual if the OP was true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigIie)
    The greatest hoax in the world is that millions were exterminated. They migrated and now live largely in Israel, USA and many other countries like South Africa, Argentina. I was just reading up that about 1/6 of Israeli's even came from the Soviet Union.. interesting that isn't it?
    That's what happens when you face centuries of displacement and forced migration.

They survived typhus not extermination. The Final Solution, which isn't it's real name but a poor translation is locked up for few to read. The reason you never hear any part of it quotes is because it is a lie and simply talks about what to do with Jews once the war was won, but nothing about extermination.
    Evidence?

Israel can get away with what it does, with support of your governments because of the Jewish control over the West.
    Evidence?

You should be looking at Jewish power and what it is. Why is the West so afraid of offending one small group? I mean really you can insult billions of Muslims, but you can't question 6 million.
    Offending an individual has nothing to do with the facts. If you can prove the statements you are making, I'm sure the majority would accept it. But unfortunately too much of the criticism that Israel and the Jewish people face is driven by an antisemitic agenda, making said accusations moot.

Another thing people should be reminded that WW2 was an incredibly deadly war where even the German civilian population suffered huge losses. Do not think Jews are the only one's who suffered a Holocaust....
    If 100 Africans died, and only 1 Jew died, it doesn't make the loss of the Jew any less significant. A death is a death, regardless of number.

Call me a fascist if you want, but I know it is because of gullible naive people that we're in the mess we are today.
    Fascist.

ReputationRep:
    Christian Americans think Israel is their ally but really the Jews use you and your military like a ***** to further their interests. This is what Israel thinks of Christians.

Name:  antichrist.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  188.7 KB

How the Jewish media mocks Christ. Does this have anything to do with the decline of Christianity and morals in America?

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it true when the source is called "days of Palestine?"

Hmm I wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChivaIry)
    Christian Americans think Israel is their ally but really the Jews use you and your military like a ***** to further their interests. This is what Israel thinks of Christians.

Name:  antichrist.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  188.7 KB

How the Jewish media mocks Christ. Does this have anything to do with the decline of Christianity and morals in America?

Bore off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not lol :rofl:

This proves just how paranoid the average antisemite loon is
    You're just trying to Jew us out of the truth! But as long as we have truth bringers like daysofpalestine.com and Chronicles of The Elders of Zion we will not the wool pulled over our eyes, Herschel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It would not be at all unusual if the OP was true.
    Im lesavta hayu galgalim.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You're just trying to Jew us out of the truth! But as long as we have truth bringers like daysofpalestine.com and Chronicles of The Elders of Zion we will not the wool pulled over our eyes, Herschel!
    Clearly you have been Redpilled by upstanding Nationalist truth tellers such as David Duke

''shut it down''

I'm slightly interested now. Do you or do you not accept that the Israeli military has ever committed any aggression against civilians?

I understand that the source provided in the OP isn't exactly impartial, but you waved aside the United Nations as a source of credible evidence, and that makes me wonder just how fairly you're assessing the Israel-Palestine conflict.

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine soldiers have used munitions on civilians for entertainment, however I highly doubt it's IDF policy, they're not that ******* dumb even if they wanted to.

But it's the same as reports of what Western forces have done to civilians in Iraq/Afghanistan, again I'd believe some of them. You will always get people who join the armed forces due to a nationalist sentiment and whom carry racist views about Middle eastern nations, this may impact their treatment of civilians, thinking their lives worth less, crude jokes about civilian causalities, abusing their power when dealing with them and for a tiny minority, to go as far as to harm them for "entertainment". But it's almost the same in any "industry", you will get people who do horrific things but it doesn't represent general policy.

The only caveat I'd add to the Israel v Palestine issue is that unlike in some other situations, the feeling on both sides will be so strong by some, including those in political/military power, that they would likely approve of the eradication of civilian life behind closed doors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viddy9)
    It's highly likely to be true. If you read some of Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch's reports, there are plenty of cases of individual groups and troops in the IDF deliberately killing civilians, and if you read Breaking the Silence's literature, in which IDF soldiers provide testimonies about IDF conduct in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, you'll find that this is highly likely to be true.
    There are plenty of cases of IDF killing civilians, not so many proven cases of it being deliberate though. Breaking the Silence has not ever corroborated or verified any of the supposed testimonies with any sort of actual evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I'm slightly interested now. Do you or do you not accept that the Israeli military has ever committed any aggression against civilians?

I understand that the source provided in the OP isn't exactly impartial, but you waved aside the United Nations as a source of credible evidence, and that makes me wonder just how fairly you're assessing the Israel-Palestine conflict.
    I never said that the Israeli military has never committed aggression against civilians - I'm just saying that Hamas does it - and does it more often and causes more damage.
    Many people believe that the UN is bias against Israel.
    Due to this, (I share the opinion) I disclude a lot of what the UN says - not just about Israel.
    Admittedly I'm bias - I am admitting that quite clearly - but I am waving the UN aside because I don't believe they are always fair and just.

I never said that the Israeli military has never committed aggression against civilians - I'm just saying that Hamas does it - and does it more often and causes more damage.
    Just about everyone knows that Hamas is a terrorist organisation, so why does it need to be said every time a criticism is levelled against Israel? It almost seems like a tu quoque fallacy. I mean, if Israel wants to be held to the same standard as Hamas, that's fine, but pro-Israel people shouldn't then, as they often do, try to showcase it as a beacon of civilisation and democracy in a sea of barbarity.

Many people believe that the UN is bias against Israel.
    Due to this, (I share the opinion) I disclude a lot of what the UN says - not just about Israel.
    Do these people happen to be staunchly pro-Israel themselves? If so, is it not then a possibility that these people are simply shouting 'biased!' at findings that they personally dislike and find difficult to reconcile with their preconceptions about Israel and the IDF?

Admittedly I'm bias - I am admitting that quite clearly - but I am waving the UN aside because I don't believe they are always fair and just.
    Yes, but why do you believe this? You have to have some kind of reason for this belief -- otherwise it's just an irrational view adopted out of convenience and a wish to only admit evidence that confirms what you already believe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.