Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    Im sure its true. The IDF are scumbags
    It's very sad when people like you are so brainwashed with hatred that you are able to completely dehumanise all 175,000 members of the IDF and presume them all to be evil. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a similar hatred of all Israelis and believe they are all scum too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    What Israeli Prime Minister has expressed genocidal views?

Have any of them expressed views similar to Article 7 of the Hamas Charter that calls for the extermination of all Jews worldwide?
    "They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there." ~ Israeli justice minister

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...h-threats.html

She wants them all dead.

I hold the Isralie government to the same standards I do for everything else. Imagine if the response to the IRA was to say and act on the above against Catholics in Ireland. No Hamas Charter gives Isreal and excuse to do what it like and commit war crimes and human rights violations. I don't know why you people find that such a hard concept to grasp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    "They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there." ~ Israeli justice minister

She wants them all dead.
    Your own article says, "The quote - lifted from an article written in 2002 by a Jewish settler"

So it appears she didn't say that, it was written by "a Jewish settler".

No Hamas Charter gives Isreal and excuse to do what it like and commit war crimes and human rights violations. I don't know why you people find that such a hard concept to grasp.
    It's not necessary to get upset or become nasty. I asked you whether any Israeli Prime Ministers had expressed views comparable to Article 7 of the Hamas Charter which calls for the extermination of all Jews worldwide. I mentioned that because it provides a good standard for murderous incitement to genocide.

I can't find anything in the Israel Basic Law, for example, that says anything like that. If I recall correctly, there is something in the basic law about respecting people of different religions and credos, but that's not what we're looking for here.

ReputationRep:
    It's very sad when people like you are so brainwashed with hatred that you are able to completely dehumanise all 175,000 members of the IDF and presume them all to be evil. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a similar hatred of all Israelis and believe they are all scum too
    The IDF go around terrorizing the disabled (as I mentioned in last post but you got rid of that part because you dont like the truth) the young and the helpless. They go around forcing Palestinians out of their homes using extreme violence. They threaten young children at gunpoint. You are brainwashed if you think they are good people.

Intimidating Palestinians and treating them like their non-humans is what the IDF do. Thats why they are absolutely despicable. And also I never dehumanised the IDF I just said they were scum.

Dehumanisation: the denial of "humanness" to other people.

get your facts right the IDF dehumanise and I didnt

ReputationRep:
    I hold the Isralie government to the same standards I do for everything else
    Really? How many posts have you made about the Chinese occupation of Tibet, or the Turkish actions in Northern Cyprus and against the Kurds? Is it comparable to the number of posts you make about Israel?

Do you support boycotts of China and Turkey as you presumably do against Israel?

Genuine question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    The IDF go around terrorizing the disabled (as I mentioned in last post but you got rid of that part because you dont like the truth)
    I didn't include it because (a) it wasn't relevant to the point I was making about your dehumanisation of other people, and (b) because you didn't provide any actual evidence (let alone context)

Feel free to include some actual evidence and we can discuss it

You are brainwashed if you think they are good people.
    I think they are people. Amongst 175,000 there will be some great people and some real ********s. There will be some unpleasant people and some really nice people. Statistically speaking the majority probably fall somewhere close to the centre between those two extremes. Because that's what large groups of people are like in real life, not in the cartoonish good-and-evil black and white world you inhabit

Intimidating Palestinians and treating them like their non-human is what the IDF do
    And Hamas intimidates Israelis by firing rockets at them, stabbing them, setting off suicide bombs. So obviously you don't find intimidation that objectionable given you support it in one case and oppose it in the other

Equally, I can't imagine anything more dehumanising than Hamas call in their charter for all Jews worldwide to be killed. But I suppose seeing that both sides are capable of, and have done, good and bad and both sides have legitimate grievances and also things to be ashamed of is too complex and nuanced.

You want to hate, and you've got it.

And also I never dehumanised the IDF I just said they were scum.
    By saying that every single one of the 175,000 members of the IDF are scum and basically evil is dehumanisation. It denies the human qualities, the diversity of opinion and the types of human beings you find in such a large body of people. It is much easier for you to process your hatred in that way, no inconvenient complexities get in the way of your black and white view that way.

ReputationRep:

Feel free to include some actual evidence and we can discuss it

Here's your evidence. Watch with caution some things will make you want to puke in your mouth.

https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/...8550735628633/

https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/...%3A%22R9%22%7D

https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/...0031799480527/

https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/...7395385744168/

ReputationRep:

She wants them all dead.
    You comfortably skipped the first part of the quote:
    "Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism."
    It's not exactly "all", is it? :cool:

In its turn the Telegraph also comfortably skipped part of the original quote.The full text:
    “Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. Actors in the war are those who incite in mosques, who write the murderous curricula for schools, who give shelter, who provide vehicles, and all those who honor and give them their moral support. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there.”
    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.655941

ReputationRep:
    "feel free to provide some evidence and we will discuss it" - Beast of Syracuse

Evidence provided

*Gets scared off and dosent discuss any part of the extensive evidence

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.