Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been casually seeing this guy-it's still fairly early in the courting phase. I let him pursue and he does 99.9% of the contacting. I'm incredibly forgetful and these last few weeks I've been working on a very important profect for school and forgot to respond back to him. I finally reached out to him and got no response :/. Should I just reach out again, exlain myself and try to set up a time for us to see each other?

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually like him all that much? Forgetting to respond to him would suggest not if I'm honest. Why do you let him do all the chasing? It sounds to me like maybe he's fed up of making all the effort for someone who is coming off as really disinterested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Do you actually like him all that much? Forgetting to respond to him would suggest not if I'm honest. Why do you let him do all the chasing? It sounds to me like maybe he's fed up of making all the effort for someone who is coming off as really disinterested.
    That's what I was thinking too, ugh, but if he feels that way and i finally do go out of my way to initiate then why ignore? Shouldn't he be happy? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aec2016)
    That's what I was thinking too, ugh, but if he feels that way and i finally do go out of my way to initiate then why ignore? Shouldn't he be happy? Lol
    Well no, would you be? If you really liked a guy, made the effort to initiate conversation all of the time, he doesn't text back for a few weeks then all of a sudden he pops up out of no where expecting you to be free and jump when he clicks his fingers? Hell nah, he probably has more respect for himself than that. Your attitude doesn't seem all that nice. Why do you think he should be happy that you've finally decided to throw him some attention? You should look for someone that you can't get out of your mind, not someone you forget to reply to for weeks at a time!

ReputationRep:
    Oh now you care for his attention now that he's given you none. You snooze you lose.

ReputationRep:
    Pursuing is great and all that, but we're men not mind-readers.

You give no signals that you're interested and then you turn around surprised by the fact he thinks you're not interested!

God save England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Well no, would you be? If you really liked a guy, made the effort to initiate conversation all of the time, he doesn't text back for a few weeks then all of a sudden he pops up out of no where expecting you to be free and jump when he clicks his fingers? Hell nah, he probably has more respect for himself than that. Your attitude doesn't seem all that nice. Why do you think he should be happy that you've finally decided to throw him some attention? You should look for someone that you can't get out of your mind, not someone you forget to reply to for weeks at a time!
    Yea I guess you're right. I didn't ignore him for weeks though. I responded back last week but just forgot to respond after a while :/

ReputationRep:
    Yea I guess you're right. I didn't ignore him for weeks though. I responded back last week but just forgot to respond after a while :/
    Too bad. He has the right to move on and not reply to you. The world is too big, too much fish in the sea for men especially, their attention span is short especially when it comes to women. I think you should make more effort now, he probably took it as you not being not into him. Show him you're into him but are you really into him or you just need his attention?

ReputationRep:
    👍
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Too bad. He has the right to move on and not reply to you. The world is too big, too much fish in the sea for men especially, their attention span is short especially when it comes to women. I think you should make more effort now, he probably took it as you not being not into him. Show him you're into him but are you really into him or you just need his attention?

No I am. I really do mean it when I say I'm forgetful (very ADDlol). I'm bad with getting back in touch with my family as well so it's not just him. I'm going to try. Should I explain and apologize for me being really forgetful and mention that I would like to see him or wait a few days and try again with a casual hey?

ReputationRep:
    👍

No I am. I really do mean it when I say I'm forgetful (very ADDlol). I'm bad with getting back in touch with my family as well so it's not just him. I'm going to try. Should I explain and apologize for me being really forgetful and mention that I would like to see him or wait a few days and try again with a casual hey?
    I would skip saying you forgot, just say you were busy with exams. Call him instead of texting.

ReputationRep:
    So I've been casually seeing this guy-it's still fairly early in the courting phase. I let him pursue and he does 99.9% of the contacting. I'm incredibly forgetful and these last few weeks I've been working on a very important profect for school and forgot to respond back to him. I finally reached out to him and got no response :/. Should I just reach out again, exlain myself and try to set up a time for us to see each other?
    Most self-respecting guys will simply lose interest in people like you.
    You ignoring him 99.9% of the time and then reaching out to him whenever its convenient for you is not some kind of "gift" or something he's meant to be receptive towards. He got bored of your uninteresting and *****y attitude, as would any guy.

Don't make someone chase you, because contrary to popular belief, the more you have to chase something, the more repetitious and bland it becomes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insert-username)
    Most self-respecting guys will simply lose interest in people like you.
    You ignoring him 99.9% of the time and then reaching out to him whenever its convenient for you is not some kind of "gift" or something he's meant to be receptive towards. He got bored of your uninteresting and *****y attitude, as would any guy.

Don't make someone chase you, because contrary to popular belief, the more you have to chase something, the more repetitious and bland it becomes.
    But I didn't ignore him 99.9% of the time. these last few weeks communication on my end was off. I haven't been ignoring him the entire time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.