Turn on thread page Beta

girls, if a guy was very affectionate towards you, would it turn you off?. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I am a guy who is very affectionate and I am not shy about showing my affection to the girl i'm with , I like kissing her and cuddling with her and patting her hair and body and telling her how much I love her.

I am afraid it will turn off some girls.
    Because these qualities are percieved as feminine or being a "Beta" male ( a term which I hate by the way ).

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling most girls are gonna reply with "yes, I love this" and you'd better believe them :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for affection, but I don't know about someone "patting my hair and body".

Why would it?

(Original post by Vibroxitrtxi)
    Hi.
    I am a guy who is very affectionate and I am not shy about showing my affection to the girl i'm with , I like kissing her and cuddling with her and patting her hair and body and telling her how much I love her.

Because these qualities are percieved as feminine or being a "Beta" male ( a term which I hate by the way ).
    I don't think it would be a turn off unless the girl is uncomfortable with it.

ReputationRep:
    Not in public

ReputationRep:
    Response: Yes I love it when guys do this.
    Reality: He's too soft.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Response: Yes I love it when guys do this.
    Reality: He's too soft.
    I'd go with this answer

ReputationRep:
    This is one of those 'extent to which' things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I'm all for affection, but I don't know about someone "patting my hair and body".
    I mean, i love putting my hand inside the hair of the girl and patting the back of her head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    I'd go with this answer
    Just listen to the girls in the other thread talking about how they like a guy who pushes them around, granted no one likes an outright jerk but roughness is sexually attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

this is what came to my mind

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-C...x2sI/photo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Why would it?
    Because according to the "machos", men shouldn't show their affection and love.

Hi.

I'd love that so much!! I love affectionate guys and all my friends say the same

Because according to the "machos", men shouldn't show their affection and love.
    Well they should. A manly man who shows affection and care would make most women swoon to the floor, I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by "patting"?

I mean... I'm pretty sure thats what people do to their pet dog?

ReputationRep:
    I mean, i love putting my hand inside the hair of the girl and patting the back of her head.
    Then what you need is a Cat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd love that so much!! I love affectionate guys and all my friends say the same
    Yeah I mean , I hate this "macho" mentality where we guys shouldn't be affectionate and loving.
    Screw that, I want to show the girl I'm with my love and affection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PillsIV)
    What do you mean by "patting"?

I mean... I'm pretty sure thats what people do to their pet dog?
    Yeah, I mean like I love patting the head of my dog.
    I love doing that to girls too .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.