The Student Room Group

Hamilton Olympiad

Hey guys, has anyone else done the Hamilton Olympiad this year (the maths olympiad follow on from the intermediate maths challenge, year 10). Because I got in, and did a load of revision with past papers, but when I sat the Hamilton paper this year I thought it was so much easier and I think I answered all questions but the last one correctly. Was it just me, or was the paper really easy (comparatively) this year? and did anyone get q6?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Also, does anyone know what percentage/number of people get a merit and distinction?
Reply 2
Original post by not school
Also, does anyone know what percentage/number of people get a merit and distinction?

It tells you who gets what here: https://www.ukmt.org.uk/individual-competitions/intermediate-mathematical-olympiad/
Reply 3
I did it as well. Pretty confident with 4 of the 6 but I couldn't get 2 or 6.
I got:
Question (1) 12 options
Question (2) 112 options --> checked with a code
Question (3) 1:3 --> area of a triangle i/2 sin(30) *x^2 and we know diagonal of square is 2x ( x is a length of one of the triangles)
Question (4) 9 --> Trapezium question
Question (5) I didn't get right but friends got 29
Question (6) No idea
I thought that this year's hamilton olympiad was harder than in previous years. What do you think the distinction mark will be this year?
Reply 6
Original post by jacakira
I thought that this year's hamilton olympiad was harder than in previous years. What do you think the distinction mark will be this year?

Not sure, but I expect it to be lower than last years which seemed quite high, btw there is a thread for this years Olympiads, this was an old thread that somebody accidentally commented on.

Quick Reply

Latest