LauraEmily258
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying... Film Studies, Geology, Applied Science

I'm interested in... Geology, Earth Science/engineering, Film Studies (Writing/directing).

My study level is... AS-level
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LauraEmily258)
I'm studying... Film Studies, Geology, Applied Science

I'm interested in... Geology, Earth Science/engineering, Film Studies (Writing/directing).

My study level is... AS-level
Hi Welcome to TSR!

Could I ask you, as you are studying Geology, do you have any notes or text book pages you could upload so that Ican see what you study.

I am considering Geology for AS but I'm not sure what it involves and I'd love to see what you cover - thanks in advance
LauraEmily258
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hi Welcome to TSR!

Could I ask you, as you are studying Geology, do you have any notes or text book pages you could upload so that Ican see what you study.

I am considering Geology for AS but I'm not sure what it involves and I'd love to see what you cover - thanks in advance
Unfortunately, I do not have any text book pages I could send to you but I sure can list the topics I have covered in during my AS level on the exam board WJEC.

Earth Structure,
Rock Cycle,
Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic rocks,
Plate Tectonics,
Fossils,
Minerals (and mineral identification)
Volcanoes,
Earthquakes,
Dating Methods,
Rock Deformation,
Mass Wasting (landslides),
Engineering Geology and
Environmental Geology.

When I explain Geology to people it ends up sounding so boring but it has really dragged me in and it fascinates me so much. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the earth and its construction and materials.

I hope this helps!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LauraEmily258)
Unfortunately, I do not have any text book pages I could send to you but I sure can list the topics I have covered in during my AS level on the exam board WJEC.

Earth Structure,
Rock Cycle,
Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic rocks,
Plate Tectonics,
Fossils,
Minerals (and mineral identification)
Volcanoes,
Earthquakes,
Dating Methods,
Rock Deformation,
Mass Wasting (landslides),
Engineering Geology and
Environmental Geology.

When I explain Geology to people it ends up sounding so boring but it has really dragged me in and it fascinates me so much. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the earth and its construction and materials.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much this is a huge help. Topics like volcanoes have always fascinated me but when I say to anyone I want to take Geology they seem to laugh - no idea why but I'm going to try and study it if I get chance - thanks again for your help and good luck with you AS levels
LauraEmily258
Rep:
?
You're very welcome! Thank you and I wish you luck with choosing what is best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (231)
47.05%
Take exams next summer (68)
13.85%
Change uni choice through clearing (109)
22.2%
Apply to uni next year instead (50)
10.18%
I'm not applying to university (33)
6.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed