Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahira__)
    With this you could say there's no evidence of our feelings but we all say they are still there
    For example, feeling scared, feeling loved what's the evidence for this, but we all know it's still there?
    How would you explain this?
    Hormones, quite literally.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are forgetting the main thing I am trying to say
    Who made you feel like this? it would have to come out from somewhere?
    From the brain? Lol. I don't understand why so many people think emotions don't come from the brain but rather the heart or soul or some other silly thing. The soul is the brain. The brain is everything - memories, feelings, emotions, fears, love.

Of course I have
    So you believe that we were once monkeys, as that's what it basically goes on about?
    Not exactly. We are apes. We share a common ancestor with other apes -- or 'monkeys', as you describe them.

I really do think you should read up on it a bit more. The terminology that you think 'basically' describes evolution is worryingly sloppy/layman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    From the brain? Lol. I don't understand why so many people think emotions don't come from the brain but rather the heart or soul or some other silly thing. The soul is the brain. The brain is everything - memories, feelings, emotions, fears, love.
    Ok... Think this may be going on for a while
    Who created the brain, this complex creation? Everything had to come from somewhere, then where did we come from?

ReputationRep:
    Who created the brain, this complex creation? Everything had to come from somewhere, then where did we come from?
    No one did, it just developed into what it is over thousands of millions of years since the beginning of life. Just because it is complex doesn't mean it is created by a God e.g. the complexity of the universe is, if anything, evidence that God does not exist

ReputationRep:
    Think about the stars, the sun, the moon and the countless solar systems and galaxies in the universe.Who or What created them in the first place?They continue to function and move with the utmost precision and accuracy.Who does this? Who keeps them gliding along on their courses and orbits preordained for them?

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts of a dying atheist - muse

Think about the stars, the sun, the moon and the countless solar systems and galaxies in the universe.Who or What created them in the first place?They continue to function and move with the utmost precision and accuracy.Who does this? Who keeps them gliding along on their courses and orbits preordained for them?
    All these questions presuppose that a 'who' is necessary. It isn't.

I can't say much for your science education if you really don't know how planets and moons move in orbits

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation Something from 'nowhere'
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I think you are forgetting the main thing I am trying to say
    Who made you feel like this? it would have to come out from somewhere?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Mr. Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is just a pointless conversation because of your insistence that there is a 'who'. There doesn't need to be a 'who'. If there is a 'who', then who created the 'who'? Because the 'who' is so complex and powerful, they couldn't have just come along, surely they were made by someone?

ReputationRep:
    This makes no sense, lmao. Please do yourself a favour and think more using your own brain, rather than religiously following the qu'ran and whatever your family taught you.

What a joke. You're not even listening to the answers people are giving to your hopelessly naive questions -- if you had no intention of finding out why some people don't believe in god(s), why did you create a thread asking just that?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 41
Size:  326.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    This makes no sense, lmao. Please do yourself a favour and think more using your own brain, rather than religiously following the qu'ran and whatever your family taught you.
    Who says that I was brought into a family who were born Muslim?
    I believe in God because he created us, we would not be here if it weren't for him
    Everything that goes on a daily basis, the sun rising etc, he controls everything
    Life has a meaning not just to live and die old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    I think atheists are often ignorant.
    Then how were you created
    This being, a human body, which is the most complex creation on this earth
    Was created by no one? It just came to be?
    This is because it is logic
    Why would we be here if there weren't a reason?
    No we just came into this life just so we can grow old and leave property for someone else to own later on in life

http://youtu.be/7d16CpWp-ok
    Tahira, how much do you know about biochemistry (and chemistry in general), physics or biology?

We are in no way the most complex 'creation' on earth. The entirety of each person's DNA - that is, all the genetic information needed to produce a human being - contains about the same (a bit less really) amount of information as an average floppy disc holds. That's right. Your whole genetic makeup only amounts to one floppy disc.

I suggest all you religious nuts go and look up Abiogenesis (and it's relevant chemistry), galaxy/star/planet/etc formation (and the relevant physics), evolution (not the "Intelligent" design movement trash, the real deal) and quite a bit of quantum physics before asserting that an all powerful deity actually exists. After you've gained all the required knowledge then if you still believe in sky daddy feel free to come back and post, otherwise please leave the thinking to the intelligent, rational people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Tahira, how much do you know about biochemistry (and chemistry in general), physics or biology?

We are in no way the most complex 'creation' on earth. The entirety of each person's DNA - that is, all the genetic information needed to produce a human being - contains about the same (a bit less really) amount of information as an average floppy disc holds. That's right. Your whole genetic makeup only amounts to one floppy disc.

I suggest all you religious nuts go and look up Abiogenesis (and it's relevant chemistry), galaxy/star/planet/etc formation (and the relevant physics), evolution (not the "Intelligent" design movement trash, the real deal) and quite a bit of quantum physics before asserting that an all powerful deity actually exists. After you've gained all the required knowledge then if you still believe in sky daddy feel free to come back and post, otherwise please leave the thinking to the intelligent, rational people.
    If we are not complex, then I would like to see anyone try to come up with something more great then a human being
    You wouldn't be able to do that, or if you even tried to
    You wouldn't be able to do it without using gods creation anyway

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 41
Size:  326.2 KB
    How utterly pathetic. I feel sorry for you, your own intelligence and thoughts are restricted by a silly little book. I hope you enjoy following a religion that discriminates against women constantly and forces them to wear some idiotic sheet over their head.

Who says that I was brought into a family who were born Muslim?
    It's painfully obvious from the chain email/viral social media crap that you think counts as evidence for your position.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.