Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do atheists not believe in God? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We don't see the world in pixels, thus your point is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    It's really funny how militant atheists try so hard to prove GOD does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    It's really funny how militant atheists try so hard to prove GOD does not exist.
    As in it's very obvious he does not.

Well I think the 'trying so hard' is pretty justified given all the suffering and atrocities in our world that are a direct result of belief in God....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    No such science? Human embryology? roots of mountains? Cosmology and the universe at one point being nothing but a cloud of "smoke". People like yourself have probably never read the Quran yet still think they can have some sort of informed opinion on the science in the Quran. How can you comment about the technicalities of something youve never read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    We don't.

And we don't need to.

The lack of evidence that he does is proof enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Can someone pull this apart for me? I literally can't even right now.

Plantagenet Crown Hydeman Peroxidation
    What is this?! It's not even written in coherent English!

I'm sorry Alexion, I never learnt to speak idiot!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Out of context that makes it sound like Alexion's an idiot... read back a page okay?

No such science? Human embryology? roots of mountains? Cosmology and the universe at one point being nothing but a cloud of "smoke". People like yourself have probably never read the Quran yet still think they can have some sort of informed opinion on the science in the Quran. How can you comment about the technicalities of something youve never read?
    I've read the Qu'ran. Plus, I'm a chemical physicist. The Qu'ranic descriptions of science are *******s - every single one of them.

ReputationRep:
    There is no observable empirical evidence for a change of kind nor can we observe it, And why is we can never find fossil records for the creatures in between the evolution like a hybrid of the transformation. Evolution isnt observable so it cant be tested so its unfalsifiable and cant be proven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahira__)
    Why do atheists not believe in God?
    well, an atheist who did believe in God would be a very poor atheist

we would expel him from the club straight away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)

Fortunately (or unfortunately) we don't really have a well-defined apostasy law for atheism. It could just be the equivalent of tutting and moving on - with the occasional pointing out the flaws of their new-found beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    we don't really have a well-defined apostasy law for atheism[/SIZE]
    we could of course develop one...we could e.g. inspire ourselves from shariah

let's say, atheists who decide to believe in God might be given three days to think it over, while our scholars explain them their errors... after which male apostates who refuse to repent would be killed, while female apostates would be imprisoned and flogged regularly until they "see the light"

this, in any case, for Hanafi atheists - but other atheist legal schools may regulate apostasy differently

best

ReputationRep:

Would they get to keep their complimentary copy of The God Delusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Would they get to keep their complimentary copy of The God Delusion?
    tough question .... those scoundrels may resort to burning the book, or defiling it in various manners... so no, I would say that, right before being punished, they would have to give it back

ReputationRep:

let's say, atheists who decide to believe in God might be given three days to think it over, while our scholars explain them their errors... after which male apostates who refuse to repent would be killed, while female apostates would be imprisoned and flogged regularly until they "see the light"

this, in any case, for Hanafi atheists - but other atheist legal schools may regulate apostasy differently

best
    Well, there seems to be too much regulation from the viewpoint of the egalitarian loving Hanbali atheists - get rid of waiting period as its not necessary, and do not discriminate based on gender (at least they show gender equality).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Well, there seems to be too much regulation from the viewpoint of the egalitarian loving Hanbali atheists - get rid of waiting period as its not necessary, and do not discriminate based on gender (at least they show gender equality).
    I also used to follow the atheist Hanbali legal school - until I realised that treating female atheist apostates like male ones is deeply wrong

women are different from men - not inferior, but different. Their mind works slower, and during their periods, their judgement is severely impaired. So, it is obvious that they should be treated differently.

In a nutshell, this explains how the female mind works (look, listen and take heed)

ReputationRep:

best

:laugh: We'd be the new IS if we did that... AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    :laugh: We'd be the new IS if we did that... AS?
    yes, yes... I know... however, establishing a more just world order, where all persons will have their due, tyranny will disappear, justice will prevail, poverty will be suppressed, taxes reduced next to nil, morality upheld and the ruthless oppression by God and his minions overthrown, will be worth many sacrifices

as they say, you can't have an omelette without breaking eggs, can we ?

best

ReputationRep:
    I also used to follow the atheist Hanbali legal school - until I realised that treating female atheist apostates like male ones is deeply wrong

women are different from men - not inferior, but different. Their mind works slower, and during their periods, their judgement is severely impaired. So, it is obvious that they should be treated differently.

In a nutshell, this explains how the female mind works (look, listen and take heed)
    LMFAO... whattttt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    LMFAO... whattttt?
    surprised ? don't tell me you had not realised how the female mind works...

look, in particular at how information is stored in the female brain, as compared to the male brain (1:08 to 1:32)

yes, females truly are different : to each one his/her role

best

ReputationRep:
    surprised ? don't tell me you had not realised how the female mind works...

look, in particular at how information is stored in the female brain, as compared to the male brain (1:08 to 1:32)

yes, females truly are different : to each one his/her role

best
    Can't tell if joking or not... lol

But female brains are pretty much the same as male ones in terms of ability, and actually tend to be generally better at certain things. Communication, and language (earlier life stages), being an obvious one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Can't tell if joking or not... lol
    100% success. Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.