Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I applied as a mature student to one of the mature colleges at Cambridge in time for the 1st March deadline and did the SAQ by 8th March.

I was just wondering when it's likely that I'll hear back from the admissions tutor? I received information that interviews for successful applicants will be from 4-8th Apr, although unfortunately I forgot to ask when i'll find out.

I can ask tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone knew in the mean time, judging on past years and how long they usually give you to prepare, etc.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by DanTudor)
    Hi everyone,
    I applied as a mature student to one of the mature colleges at Cambridge in time for the 1st March deadline and did the SAQ by 8th March.

I was just wondering when it's likely that I'll hear back from the admissions tutor? I received information that interviews for successful applicants will be from 4-8th Apr, although unfortunately I forgot to ask when i'll find out.

I can ask tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone knew in the mean time, judging on past years and how long they usually give you to prepare, etc.
    You usually get a couple of week's notice, so it should be soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Hi Dan. Have you heard back yet? Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunnford84)
    Hi Dan. Have you heard back yet? Best of luck!
    Hi, I got an interview invitation. Did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got an interview invitation. Did you apply?
    Congratulations! That's great news. Good luck for the interview. Just enjoy the experience!

I applied in October with all my grades ready, had my interview in December and got my place in January! Which college did you apply to? I'll be going to Wolfson - cannot wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunnford84)
    Congratulations! That's great news. Good luck for the interview. Just enjoy the experience!

I applied in October with all my grades ready, had my interview in December and got my place in January! Which college did you apply to? I'll be going to Wolfson - cannot wait!
    Just randomly came across this post - congrats! From the guy who's always studying in the club room: you'll meet me. Actually, I remember talking to some applicants back in December, you might have seen me already. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcano)
    Just randomly came across this post - congrats! From the guy who's always studying in the club room: you'll meet me. Actually, I remember talking to some applicants back in December, you might have seen me already. ^^
    Oh great! My interview was on the 16th, and it was for English. I shall see you in the club room next year! :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.