Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy back at uni a few years ago (I was 19). He was on his study abroad year and we met through a social event and began spending time together just me and him. We just used to chill at each others places and talk and after about 3-4months we started having sex with each other. We discussed what we both wanted and he said something like casual sex but also someone he could spend time with like going for a walk etc..
    So as i knew he was going back to america, I kinda accepted it as I was unsure what I wanted anyway.
    But after a while, I started to feel a bit used and kind of wanted a bit more from him than just sex. We was going to do some travelling but i decided to end things. We met up a few times before he went back to america...
    Anyway, he came back to england a year later just for a visit (he stayed with friends) and we met up and spent the night together. I felt hurt after as he started to ignore my messages on facebook as he went to america and a few weeks later posted a pic of him and his gf (which I didn't know about)

A few months down the line, I was getting over him and moving on and i saw him post an anniversary thing on his facebook, so basically he was in a relationship when he came to visit me in england. I commented on it just saying I wouldn't have seen him if I'd have known.

He was obviously annoyed that I did that and he messaged me saying i was a "hoe" from the start so i shouldn't be bothered.

and now i'm 23, more than 2 years later, he has contacted me and has apologised for saying what he said (he's not with his gf anymore). He is visiting england soon and wants to catch up with me but i'm not sure what I should do. I know nothing serious can happen between us so it'll just be fun to see him again. but I don't know if I'll end up getting hurt as he might just want one thing. He has been really nice in the messages but I feel like my mind is saying no because i'll regret it and feel used but then part of me really wants to see him out of curiosity and we did have to some good times together. Also, I know this sounds bad but it might help me get over my ex boyfriend. I'm really tempted to see him but i don't know if it's a good idea. I know lots of people can have casual sex and think nothing of it but i'm not really like that, I'd prefer to be in a relationship and when I was seeing him back at uni, he was the only guy i was seeing at the time, when he could have been seeing other girls.

He was also saying that he did like me and he had to say what he said as his ex girlfriend made him... and said things like he misses me and never stopped thinking about me but hasn't had the courage to get in touch till now

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't touch with barge pole.

Surely you deserve better than this cheat?

If you don't want to go to San Francisco, don't get on the bus to San Francisco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he might just want one thing.
    Lol. He definitely only wants one thing. You obviously want to have sex with him too, so go for it, just don't let him treat you like a doormat.

Just be all "cut the bullsh*t, quit all this pretending to "like" me nonsense. Just get over here and let me use your worthless American **** for a few hours, then we'll go our seperate ways."

thanks for the advice. still so confused about this as I used to really like him to its just brought up past feelings which i dont want to feel as he's a d**khead!
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Don't go there, he clearly just wants to get in your underwear, he doesn't see you anything more than just an easy shag.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.