Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?

(Original post by Platopus)
    I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?
    What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?
    It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.

(Original post by Platopus)
    It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.
    :yes:
    Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
    At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    :yes:
    Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
    At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.
    Yeah, that's what I have been doing thanks though

ReputationRep:
    I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.

(Original post by aspiehs)
    I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.
    Yeah I've tried a few size 2s from Asos but the selection isn't great and most of the dresses I like are not made in that size.

ReputationRep:
    I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.

I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.
    I really like the dresses on there too but they don't do refunds which worries me because I'm not sure what I'd do if I wanted to return it.

ReputationRep:
    You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.

ReputationRep:
    PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items

(Original post by barnetlad)
    You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.
    Believe me I agree...

PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items
    Oh ok, thank you! They did say there is a 10% restocking fee but I guess that's not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    there is a dress website called vponsale.com and their dresses are not only good quality but i am sure that they are tailor made so you provide your measurements and then they make the dress.

I have seen other people with dresses from the website and they have always praised the company and loved their dresses.

Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    You could try on some petite dresses. They usually come in several sizes, but are smaller than average ones.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.