Turn on thread page Beta

I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?

(Original post by Platopus)
    I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?
    What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?
    It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.

(Original post by Platopus)
    It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.
    :yes:
    Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
    At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    :yes:
    Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
    At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.
    Yeah, that's what I have been doing thanks though

ReputationRep:
    I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.

(Original post by aspiehs)
    I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.
    Yeah I've tried a few size 2s from Asos but the selection isn't great and most of the dresses I like are not made in that size.

ReputationRep:
    I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.

I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.
    I really like the dresses on there too but they don't do refunds which worries me because I'm not sure what I'd do if I wanted to return it.

ReputationRep:
    You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.

ReputationRep:
    PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items

(Original post by barnetlad)
    You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.
    Believe me I agree...

PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items
    Oh ok, thank you! They did say there is a 10% restocking fee but I guess that's not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    there is a dress website called vponsale.com and their dresses are not only good quality but i am sure that they are tailor made so you provide your measurements and then they make the dress.

I have seen other people with dresses from the website and they have always praised the company and loved their dresses.

Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    You could try on some petite dresses. They usually come in several sizes, but are smaller than average ones.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.