Turn on thread page Beta

AVCE Business - Unit 5 Finance Exam - How did it go? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Today's unit 5 exam was difficult, I thought. Especially Question 9 (I think) about all of the ratios where it asked you to compare Rightbyte (was that the companies name?!) to a competitor. Should have revised more on that topic!

I am on the Edexcel board, by the way.

I was hoping and predicted an A for this unit, but after that exam, a B would be very welcome here!!

How about you? Any thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    Hey everyone!

Today's unit 5 exam was difficult, I thought. Especially Question 9 (I think) about all of the ratios where it asked you to compare Rightbyte (was that the companies name?!) to a competitor. Should have revised more on that topic!

I am on the Edexcel board, by the way.

I was hoping and predicted an A for this unit, but after that exam, a B would be very welcome here!!

How about you? Any thoughts??
    hiya..... omg dis exam wz bloody hard!!!!! it wz worse dan last yearz 1!!! i wz hopin 2 get a B in dis exam but i dnt fink im gona get an E!!!!!
    my balance sheet n profit & loss account jus didnt seem 2 balance!!!! i flopped big time!!!!!
    n i wz on da edexcel board azwell!!!
    oh well no point in w8in 4 da exam coz i kno ive eitha got a U or jus about an E
    safeeee

ReputationRep:
    The Balance Sheet was a hard one. I couldn't see how I could balance it for a while, but then I saw that the wording was very sneaky and sly.

You had to add on the £27k that they owed their suppliers to the £230k that was under the paid from business account section.

However, it was the way it was worded that had me stumped for a while.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand wt da closing stock wz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    The Balance Sheet was a hard one. I couldn't see how I could balance it for a while, but then I saw that the wording was very sneaky and sly.

You had to add on the £27k that they owed their suppliers to the £230k that was under the paid from business account section.

However, it was the way it was worded that had me stumped for a while.

Yeah, I had the same thing, couldn't balance it, but did the exam in like 60 mins, so had an entire hour spare to make it balance, which it did after I'd noticed the sneaky wording.

I have seen worse papers - at least this thing didn't have one of those aged debtor analysis's on it - i can never do those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgowing)
    Yeah, I had the same thing, couldn't balance it, but did the exam in like 60 mins, so had an entire hour spare to make it balance, which it did after I'd noticed the sneaky wording.

I have seen worse papers - at least this thing didn't have one of those aged debtor analysis's on it - i can never do those!
    I was so annoyed that Age Debtor Analysis did not come up as I have been revising that section and had that covered!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.