How to cram an entire unit of a subject into one night?

Watch
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This does sound ridiculous and I'm not looking to cram in advance for any upcoming exams. However, may I still ask: have you ever done this? If so, how?
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not over a night but I did it during the day. I kept on going through my textbook several times relatively fast.
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who needs GCSEs when you have Mahrez?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've done it a few times and it's turned out surprisingly well :lol: leaving it so late means you revise as hard as you can because there's literally no time left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Not over a night but I did it during the day. I kept on going through my textbook several times relatively fast.
Were you able to recall anything thereafter?
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
Were you able to recall anything thereafter?
Well the test was on that day, I can recall a lot of it now because I've revised it a lot of times by reading it.
TheConfusedMedic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's how I got through my mocks
asdfghjklgcses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omfg basically me before history GCSE last year. I worked non stop for a day and managed to revise (ish) two units (minus the time spent crying thinking I was going to fail) - basically just make notes (important parts - don't copy everything out) and then every so often rewrite what u wrote without the unit to look at
Good luck lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did it for my AS religious studies units. I had decided to study AS religious studies alongside my A2 subjects but then I got ill so I ended up missing a lot of lessons/withdrawing completely from lessons in the end and my AS subject obviously wasn't a priority (I had an AAA offer to meet). Anyway, I still didn't want to completely fail my religion exams so I got my revision guide and learnt/revised the relevant points just by reading and telling it to sink into my brain. I ended up with 92% UMS on both units so it worked okay for me.
thefatone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
This does sound ridiculous and I'm not looking to cram in advance for any upcoming exams. However, may I still ask: have you ever done this? If so, how?
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I did that for all my GCSE exams (excluding English and German). I prepared revision notes of stuff I didn't know (takes a few hours) then memorised them (1-3 more hours). Wouldn't recommend it unless you're sure your memory works that way. It worked pretty well for me (9A*2A).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads