Turn on thread page Beta

any somali girls in an interacial realtionship? watch

hey guys

okay so i have been seeing this guy for a couple of months now and he is of a different race. Obviously race is not that big deal to me its actually irrelevant. however my parent who are Somali don't like him purely because he is of a different race. They tell me stuff like "you can do better than him" etc. i mean i really like this guy and his parents are super super nice, they are so welcoming and really sweet but my parent just don't seem to like him at all. we were even thinking of going to get married soon but coming from a Muslim background am not allowed to get married unless my guardian (my dad) marries me of and to be honest i don't want to get married without there blessings anyway.
    do any Somali girls or any other girls ever been in this situation? if so how did you deal with it? shall i leave him for my parent sake? i really don't know what to do!!!! it's just stressing me out

Where is he from?

ReputationRep:
    You can still get married if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey guys

okay so i have been seeing this guy for a couple of months now and he is of a different race. Obviously race is not that big deal to me its actually irrelevant. however my parent who are Somali don't like him purely because he is of a different race. They tell me stuff like "you can do better than him" etc. i mean i really like this guy and his parents are super super nice, they are so welcoming and really sweet but my parent just don't seem to like him at all. we were even thinking of going to get married soon but coming from a Muslim background am not allowed to get married unless my guardian (my dad) marries me of and to be honest i don't want to get married without there blessings anyway.
    do any Somali girls or any other girls ever been in this situation? if so how did you deal with it? shall i leave him for my parent sake? i really don't know what to do!!!! it's just stressing me out
    If your parents are letting you date they're quite liberal. If they don't mind you having a boyfriend just give it time they'll probably come around sooner or later. Just do what makes you happy.

In South Africa a ****** was walking with a parrot on his shoulder and on his way he meets a white guy.
    - He is so cute! Does he speak? Asks the white guy.
    - I don’t know I just bought him! Says the parrot.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Badum Tsss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You can still get married if you want to.
    Not islamically. Women need a male guardian. (Father, brother etc)

Where is he from?
    hey there
    his Lebanese, do you have any advise on what i should do?

ReputationRep:
    In South Africa a ****** was walking with a parrot on his shoulder and on his way he meets a white guy.
    - He is so cute! Does he speak? Asks the white guy.
    - I don’t know I just bought him! Says the parrot.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Badum Tsss
    How is this funny?

(Original post by Logolept)
    How is this funny?
    What's the difference between a ****** and a snow tire?
    A snow tire doesn't sing when you put chains on it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Badum tsss

ReputationRep:
    Get him to talk to your parents or get his parents to talk to your parents. Get them together, let them talk. Have dinner as a family. I come from a Muslim background as well but Islamically if someone is asking for your hand, you're allowed to talk to meet up with him as long as your parents are there because it will be your choice to get engaged or not. It's not your parents that are going to marry him, it's you. So don't let your parents tell you who to marry. If you're happy then all your parents can do is support your decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.