any somali girls in an interacial realtionship?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey guys

okay so i have been seeing this guy for a couple of months now and he is of a different race. Obviously race is not that big deal to me its actually irrelevant. however my parent who are Somali don't like him purely because he is of a different race. They tell me stuff like "you can do better than him" etc. i mean i really like this guy and his parents are super super nice, they are so welcoming and really sweet but my parent just don't seem to like him at all. we were even thinking of going to get married soon but coming from a Muslim background am not allowed to get married unless my guardian (my dad) marries me of and to be honest i don't want to get married without there blessings anyway.
do any Somali girls or any other girls ever been in this situation? if so how did you deal with it? shall i leave him for my parent sake? i really don't know what to do!!!! it's just stressing me out
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Where is he from?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You can still get married if you want to.
Mjcal1
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey guys

okay so i have been seeing this guy for a couple of months now and he is of a different race. Obviously race is not that big deal to me its actually irrelevant. however my parent who are Somali don't like him purely because he is of a different race. They tell me stuff like "you can do better than him" etc. i mean i really like this guy and his parents are super super nice, they are so welcoming and really sweet but my parent just don't seem to like him at all. we were even thinking of going to get married soon but coming from a Muslim background am not allowed to get married unless my guardian (my dad) marries me of and to be honest i don't want to get married without there blessings anyway.
do any Somali girls or any other girls ever been in this situation? if so how did you deal with it? shall i leave him for my parent sake? i really don't know what to do!!!! it's just stressing me out
If your parents are letting you date they're quite liberal. If they don't mind you having a boyfriend just give it time they'll probably come around sooner or later. Just do what makes you happy.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 years ago
In South Africa a ****** was walking with a parrot on his shoulder and on his way he meets a white guy.
- He is so cute! Does he speak? Asks the white guy.
- I don’t know I just bought him! Says the parrot.
Spoiler:
Show
Badum Tsss
Mjcal1
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You can still get married if you want to.
Not islamically. Women need a male guardian. (Father, brother etc)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Where is he from?
hey there
his Lebanese, do you have any advise on what i should do?
username1484683
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In South Africa a ****** was walking with a parrot on his shoulder and on his way he meets a white guy.
- He is so cute! Does he speak? Asks the white guy.
- I don’t know I just bought him! Says the parrot.
Spoiler:
Show
Badum Tsss
How is this funny?
Anonymous #3
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Logolept)
How is this funny?
What's the difference between a ****** and a snow tire?
A snow tire doesn't sing when you put chains on it.
Spoiler:
Show
Badum tsss
Hambi123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Get him to talk to your parents or get his parents to talk to your parents. Get them together, let them talk. Have dinner as a family. I come from a Muslim background as well but Islamically if someone is asking for your hand, you're allowed to talk to meet up with him as long as your parents are there because it will be your choice to get engaged or not. It's not your parents that are going to marry him, it's you. So don't let your parents tell you who to marry. If you're happy then all your parents can do is support your decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mosdef12
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey guys

Hey no need to leave him keep loving your man. N if ur smashing keep smashing him..world is changing theyl accept the fact sooner or later...is he muslim
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.47%
October 2021 (252)
45.32%
November 2021 (66)
11.87%
December 2021 (69)
12.41%
January 2021 (72)
12.95%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.91%