Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone worked as a waiter before? watch

ReputationRep:
    A friend of my mum's recently started advertising a vacancy at his restaurant (Less than two minutes from my house). My mum's friend said i could have the job if i wanted- and i don't really know. I've never had a full time job before (18) and im kinda shy- so i don't think i'd perform very well with speaking to lots of people and feeling under pressure. Has anyone worked as a waiter before and can they share any positive or negative experiences?

Thanks c:

ReputationRep:
    I was a waitress. it does require you to be nice to people but that's where it ends. You'll build confidence doing it and to be honest sometimes less is more with waiting tables!

It's quite a physical job with a lot of running about but the tips can be great and it's fun if the people you work with are nice :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    A friend of my mum's recently started advertising a vacancy at his restaurant (Less than two minutes from my house). My mum's friend said i could have the job if i wanted- and i don't really know. I've never had a full time job before (18) and im kinda shy- so i don't think i'd perform very well with speaking to lots of people and feeling under pressure. Has anyone worked as a waiter before and can they share any positive or negative experiences?

Thanks c:
    I'm a waitress now, and to be honest when I started I was a bit nervous and felt similar to you, but as you go on it gets much easier and now I love it.
    You get practice speaking to people all the time so get much better at that, and particularly if they give you training to start with I'd recommend going for it. Everyone will know you are new when you start so will help you through it until you know what to do and they won't mind if you make a mistake for a while so don't worry And by the sounds of it, if it's your mum's friend then they will probably treat you well and help you through!
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you're nervous about talking to people it's probably a good experience to have it will push you out of your comfort zone and then if you're ever desperately in need of a job you'll be more confident and have experience

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.