Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get this surgery? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I need to get my upper canines removed which are both impacted so the gum will need to be cut.

This is the surgery (warning: loads of blood)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRGSMk1fww

(minus the implants)

Anyway I have exams after a month to this surgery- will I be able to recover quickly to revise and perform to the best of my ability in the exams???? Please be honest of what you think, Also if anyone has any similar experience PLEASE share

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I guess the best thing to do would be to change the surgery's date after the exams, if you can. The surgery effects and time taken to recover could do impact on your grades and learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biologyquestions)
    Hi, so I need to get my upper canines removed which are both impacted so the gum will need to be cut.

(minus the implants)

Anyway I have exams after a month to this surgery- will I be able to recover quickly to revise and perform to the best of my ability in the exams???? Please be honest of what you think, Also if anyone has any similar experience PLEASE share

Thanks
    No you shouldn't have it, you will lose blood which will take years to reacumilate. The deficit of blood allows only impaired brain function, similar to that of a geology student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    I guess the best thing to do would be to change the surgery's date after the exams, if you can. The surgery effects and time taken to recover could do impact on your grades and learning.
    I cant change it, theres a waiting list. If I cancel I will not be seen until a year :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    No you shouldn't have it, you will lose blood which will take years to reacumilate. The deficit of blood allows only impaired brain function, similar to that of a geology student
    This is a serious issue which is making me worry, so I really would appreciate at least a little advice rather than sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    I cant change it, theres a waiting list. If I cancel I will not be seen until a year :/
    Well I guess you will have to warn your doctor about your upcoming exams. He might give you some sort of medicine if it will be needed during your exams. A month could be enough time to recover but however it depends on each person.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

(minus the implants)

Thanks
    Since you can't change the date go ahead with it. There is a reason for it and you don't want to be waiting around for a year.
    Tell your school and they can help you with your studies. It may be that you recover quickly and do well or you may want to apply for extenuating circumstances which should be no problem if you've had surgery and are still recovering.

Talk to your school about it and they will be able to explain it all. Don't worry about your school work being affected. Your health is more important to focus on and there are measures in place to help people in your situation.

Good luck with the surgery.

ReputationRep:
    You might still be sore, but it should all be settling down by the time you do your exams. It won't affect your brain!

And that's not "loads" of blood.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.