Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eRric_O)
    Where are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Camb, Bath, Edinburgh, Cardiff and UCL, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Camb, Bath, Edinburgh, Cardiff and UCL, what about you?
    I'm currently thinking Nottingham, Manchester, Kent, Liverpool and Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently thinking Nottingham, Manchester, Kent, Liverpool and Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh cool!! Then you don't really need to rush your UCAS then

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sent off their UCAS yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sending mine next week too because I'm applying to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Oh cool!! Then you don't really need to rush your UCAS then
    That's right, taking my time and hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    Sending mine next week too because I'm applying to Cambridge
    Thought you were not applying to Camb anymore?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wasn't going to but I might as well considering if I don't apply I won't have any chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity what are everyones predicted grades and where is everyone applying to??? Also i was thinking of applying to cambridge, my AS grades were pretty bad but ill be predicted entry requirement and my portfolio is the bomb. Should i apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey, yeah you definitely should apply!! I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to Cambridge anyway! You've got nothing to lose 🙌🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather.scb)
    Out of curiosity what are everyones predicted grades and where is everyone applying to??? Also i was thinking of applying to cambridge, my AS grades were pretty bad but ill be predicted entry requirement and my portfolio is the bomb. Should i apply?
    I was predicted A*AA and planning on applying to Manchester and Nottingham. But I'm not sure how to make a portfolio convincing enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted A*AA and planning on applying to Manchester and Nottingham. But I'm not sure how to make a portfolio convincing enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh awesome! Im literally on my way to manchester now for the open day! I think the biggest thing, from what ive heard, is just to vary it and show that you're capable of different styles/media. Especially any 3dimensional work!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome! Im literally on my way to manchester now for the open day! I think the biggest thing, from what ive heard, is just to vary it and show that you're capable of different styles/media. Especially any 3dimensional work!!!
    I'm literally going to try my best to do that but I hope they are lenient and do you think a banging personal statement will help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally going to try my best to do that but I hope they are lenient and do you think a banging personal statement will help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha yes it'll help. Just don't mention the sagrada familia or the cliche "I've wanted to do architecture since I was three years old" type thing.

ReputationRep:
    Aha yes it'll help. Just don't mention the sagrada familia or the cliche "I've wanted to do architecture since I was three years old" type thing.
    Certainly not 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of someone who submitted and has received his briefing for "The Task" from Bartlett. He claims that he has only a week to complete it, but I suspect he's just trying to scare the bejesus out of his "competition" ;-)))

Does anyone know if Cambridge applicants are essentially forced to submit early for UCL and others, or can the UCAS application be split?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    I've heard of someone who submitted and has received his briefing for "The Task" from Bartlett. He claims that he has only a week to complete it, but I suspect he's just trying to scare the bejesus out of his "competition" ;-)))
    Does anyone know if Cambridge applicants are essentially forced to submit early for UCL and others, or can the UCAS application be split?
    I am
    :sadnod::sadnod::sadnod::sadnod::sadnod::sadnod::sadnod:I submitted my UCAS on Monday and UCL sent me the task on Tuesday and the deadline for them to receive it (you have to post it to them) is 18th October... It is quite a tight schedule

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone's deadline for the Task 18th Oct.? What if we receive our email later? Then that means we'll have less time to do it than others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tough for those submitting in November!

To be serious, it sounds to me a lot like 2 weeks. I wonder how many are aware of this in advance?

ReputationRep:
    ...and are you sworn to secrecy on what the task consists of? Not sure if having more time would be a benefit or a recipe for disaster! I presume they're not looking for you to spend more than an hour on each, probably somewhat less...

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: A*A*AAAAABBBBAS Levels already achieved:AAAA Levels taken: Art, Geography, Politics, EPQPredicted grades:A*AA + A*EPQExtra-Curricular: Red Cross volunteer, Geography society,politics society, Part time job, Art trips to tuscany and barcelona, skiing,Editor of schools eco eye magazine, mentoring programmes, own architectureblog, I'm sure theres more i just forget hahaOther places i'm applying: Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham, Liverpool John MooresExtras also does anyone know when offers start to come through for edinburgh? i hear they arereally late at offering places. Anyone had any offers or portfolio request yet? I've just had mine from Nottingham today for a deadline of 21st october

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.