Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivoryfang)
     I have got the requirement of portfolio from Sheffield,Nottingham,Manchester and the Uni of Hongkong ,and the deadline of them are in early Dec.
    how long did it take for hku to ask for a portfolio? i havent really heard from them recently and i am a bit stressed.

ReputationRep:
     I have got the requirement of portfolio from Sheffield,Nottingham,Manchester and the Uni of Hongkong ,and the deadline of them are in early Dec.
    Applying to uni of hk too 😂
    Did u go to the summer school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toedy)
    how long did it take for hku to ask for a portfolio? i havent really heard from them recently and i am a bit stressed.
    They wrote it in their website yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    Applying to uni of hk too 😂
    Did u go to the summer school
    No..

ReputationRep:
    They wrote it in their website yet.
    did they email you about handing in a portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toedy)
    did they email you about handing in a portfolio?
    I feel like u should just hnd it in, because it is optional, whether u hand in one or not.

ReputationRep:
    No..
    Fellow Hong Kong applicant here! (Born in UK though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it advisable to ring a uni because I submitted my portfolio to Kent 2 weeks ago and nothing yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I sent off my application last sunday and i have applied to nottingham, liverpool, sheffield, kent and edinburgh. I have already recieved an AAB offer from kent and a portfolio request from sheffield!
    But i really want to go to nottingham and was wondering how long they take to reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLion)
    Hi!
    I sent off my application last sunday and i have applied to nottingham, liverpool, sheffield, kent and edinburgh. I have already recieved an AAB offer from kent and a portfolio request from sheffield!
    But i really want to go to nottingham and was wondering how long they take to reply?
    Have you submitted your portfolio for Nottingham yet? None of us have offers from Nottingham yet!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a portfolio request from Nottingham! That's why I was wondering how it takes to get asked for one :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLion)
    I haven't had a portfolio request from Nottingham! That's why I was wondering how it takes to get asked for one :-)
    Oh right! For me, it took around 1-2 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone (home students) heard anything from Bath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraQurashi)
    Has anyone (home students) heard anything from Bath?
    I got an offer last week ( 15th Nov ) which was a surprise as they said they give out the offers in January at their open day . I think a few others have also had offers but they seem to be drip feeding very slowly . I think from last year's thread people got offers Dec and Jan mostly .
    Where else have you applied to ?

ReputationRep:
    Sara, When did you apply? I think many of those who applied before the Oxbridge cut-off date have heard, but don't get alarmed if you haven't!

ReputationRep:
    I applied around the 20th of October. I've applied to UCL, Bath, UAL and Kingston (i still have to decide on one more uni)

Did you have to submit a portfolio to Bath?.

ReputationRep:
    No portfolio for Bath. They make their decision on Results so far, school reference/predictions and Personal Statement only.
    I didn't know you could add another choice after submitting! How about Kent - that seems very popular and is up-coming. Or Cardiff? Cardiff requires a portfolio (just 8 sides of A4) but no interview. I think very few interview. Maybe just Cambridge and UCL?

ReputationRep:
    A question regarding "show and tell" portfolios - i.e. to take to interview - does anyone have any "video art" to include - and would they bring a tablet along with them to show it? Or is that considered "vulgar"? ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    A question regarding "show and tell" portfolios - i.e. to take to interview - does anyone have any "video art" to include - and would they bring a tablet along with them to show it? Or is that considered "vulgar"? ;-)
    I don't think you would have time unless it's really short or something you really want to show since for Camb, Trinity said that they will only have 15 mins going through the portfolio, and for other places probably even shorter

ReputationRep:
    True, dat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.