Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional for Nottingham 😀😀 ( if I make it my firm, or AAA if not)
    Tempting !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    Just got an unconditional for Nottingham 😀😀 ( if I make it my firm, or AAA if not)
    Tempting !!
    Congrats!!!! You still have Camb to play for and a Bath offer tho!! You'll get them grades👌🏼

ReputationRep:
    Tempting !!
    are you an international student? Have you already finished A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0949.PNG
Views: 120
Size:  94.4 KB
    there are quite a few Camb architecture applaicants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    are you an international student? Have you already finished A Levels?
    No. Am uk student in year 13 . have you had any news yet ? It's so hard waiting isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Name:  IMG_0949.PNG
Views: 120
Size:  94.4 KB
    there are quite a few Camb architecture applaicants!
    Still anxiously waiting here to see if get offered an interview ( St Johns)
    I wonder how many of those with interviews are on this thread ?
    I'm sure there were a couple of others who applied to st John's too . Anyone else stressing??

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!!! You still have Camb to play for and a Bath offer tho!! You'll get them grades👌🏼
    Thanks. Still no word on Cambridge so getting a bit nervous as can't start to even think about preparing for an interview .
    When is your interview ( which college ?) what are you doing to prepare ? Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there were a couple of others who applied to st John's too . Anyone else stressing??
    Looking at the spreadsheet, St John's is one of slower colleges so you might get your reply any point this week or even the beginning of the next! I totally understand the stress but try to keep reading and drawing in the mean time of waiting bc that's what I'm doing 😂😭

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Still no word on Cambridge so getting a bit nervous as can't start to even think about preparing for an interview .
    When is your interview ( which college ?) what are you doing to prepare ? Good luck.
    Mine's on the 12th of Dec at Trinity and I'm just reading books and thinking of answers to some questions that i searched online and what my teachers suggested me e.g. Why architecture? Why not art or civil engineering? Who's fav architect etc and preparing my portfolio! Still hasn't finished it yet 😂😭

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on the 12th of Dec at Trinity and I'm just reading books and thinking of answers to some questions that i searched online and what my teachers suggested me e.g. Why architecture? Why not art or civil engineering? Who's fav architect etc and preparing my portfolio! Still hasn't finished it yet 😂😭
    Thanks. That's v helpful. Will Keep you posted if I hear anything ( good or bad )
    Are you still waiting on any other uni's ?
    Still working on my Sheffield task at the moment .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. That's v helpful. Will Keep you posted if I hear anything ( good or bad )
    Are you still waiting on any other uni's ?
    Still working on my Sheffield task at the moment .
    Fingers crossed for you! :crossedf: I'm just waiting to hear from Cardiff now, having sent a portfolio to them

ReputationRep:
    A couple of stats based on that sheet from the Cambridge forum:

10 Architecture entries represent 3.9% of all 375(ish) applications
    compare to
    116 of 3000 applications (2.7%) for Natural Sciences
    or
    581/16500 applications (3.5%) for the university as a whole

These figures are probably not statistically significant, but I'm wondering if TSR is disproportionately international and that architecture is quite an international course?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, very stressful!! My D applied to St Johns Architecture, still waiting ....
    She is international US applicant.

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer from Newcastle this morning, AAA,
    but still waiting to hear back from UCL on whether or not I have an interview,

I have applied to Architecture and interdisciplinary studies not K100 though

ReputationRep:
    I desperately want to defer to 2018, I didn't apply for deferred entry as it is so much harder to get in and I applied this year as I wanted it out the way.

I have saved up money to travel and the architectural practice I did work experience at has offered me a job for next summer. I would also try and get more work experience at different practices.

However, I am terrified of emailing Bath, who I have got an offer from and will be my first choice, to request a deferred entry. With them being on of the top and most competitive architectural unis in the country and with no strong valid reason such as a death in the family ect. for me to defer I think I will just irritate them by requesting a deferral.

Someone has told me that if I request a deferral and they decline it they will retract my offer altogether! I would rather go to Bath next year with no gap year rather than not go at all!

Is anyone else going to request a deferral?

And are they able to/would they retract my offer for 2017 if they said no to a deferral?

How likely are they to say no?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just explain it to them?
    Just post this in the Bath admissions topic.

ReputationRep:
    St John here as well. I've been refreshing my email/UCAS every hour for the past week.

ReputationRep:
    No. Am uk student in year 13 . have you had any news yet ? It's so hard waiting isn't it ?
    wow awesome!! Yeah it is...

I've got an interview at UCL but not from Camb (yet) lol

ReputationRep:
    Official Manchester offer holder!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eRric_O)
    Official Manchester offer holder!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.