Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    Yes, thanks, she can relax now! Also received offer from Cardiff today. AAA
    Congrats!! Still waiting for a response from Cardiff :/
    How did she find the admission assessment by the way? Was the topic quite broad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather.scb)
    Has anyone got a Cambridge interview on the 8th???
    Yessssss, what college? Are you staying there the night before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Congrats!! Still waiting for a response from Cardiff :/
    How did she find the admission assessment by the way? Was the topic quite broad?
    Pretty broad, yes, and they grill you on your responses in the interview, so ********ters beware!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty broad, yes, and they grill you on your responses in the interview, so ********ters beware!
    Ok that's expected thanx for the reminder! tbh the writing part is what I dread the most bc my English essay writing skills are not strong... hope they'll take into account that although I've lived here for 5 yrs, I'm still an international...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Yessssss, what college? Are you staying there the night before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not sure yet- I have a feeling I wont need to! St Johns how about you??

ReputationRep:
    Ok that's expected thanx for the reminder! tbh the writing part is what I dread the most bc my English essay writing skills are not strong... hope they'll take into account that although I've lived here for 5 yrs, I'm still an international...
    I'm sure they will. Trinity is so beautiful. Was there last week at night - stunning!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they will. Trinity is so beautiful. Was there last week at night - stunning!
    For all sorts of reasons I have never actually been in the college before...But I'm so excited to visit !! And fortunately I got reserved accommodation there the night before the interview so I can really look around!

ReputationRep:
    A shot from a very pretty Christ's today...

And King's - still so lovely in the evening light

ReputationRep:
    A shot from a very pretty Christ's today...

And King's - still so lovely in the evening light

Very nice!! Christ's is the first college that I've visited actually. Really like the "typewriter" building there :P

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a Cambridge interview on the 8th???
    Yeeeesss !!😀😀😀
    Finally got the email this afternoon for St John's . Not much time to prepare . Can't believe it's next week !
    It seems like there are quite a few people with interviews at St John's for architecture.

ReputationRep:
    ...as designed by Denys Lasdun (which came up in the interview today!). Some of those questions were brutal ;-)

ReputationRep:
    You could have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2095811858

Just back from taking DD to her interview at Christ's. Sounds like they were challenged!

Obvs. can't spill too many beans in terms of details, but there appear to have been just 12 applicants this year, which continues the downward trend for this subject since 2012 - I wonder if this is reflected across the university as a whole.
    Congratulations. Your D must be very relieved . I can't believe I've just got my interview and your D has already finished.
    I wonder how many have applied to St John's as there appear to be quite a few of us on TSR.
    I had thought that I had read somewhere that there were about 450 applicants for 45/50 places at Cambridge but was quite surprised to see that there were over 600 applicants last year according to which uni guide which doesn't indicate a downward trend which is more worrying.
    How much time did your D have to discuss her portfolio ?

ReputationRep:
    ...as designed by Denys Lasdun (which came up in the interview today!). Some of those questions were brutal ;-)
    Oh dear... I better revise for buildings in Trinity!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    Yeeeesss !!😀😀😀
    Finally got the email this afternoon for St John's . Not much time to prepare . Can't believe it's next week !
    It seems like there are quite a few people with interviews at St John's for architecture.
    Yay congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yay congrats!!!
    When is your interview ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeesss !!😀😀😀
    Yayy congrats! Got my invite just now as well wooo

ReputationRep:
    When is your interview ?
    Mine's on the 12th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poopiepie)
    Yes then guys!! Well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poopiepie)
    Congrats to you too. Is it on the 8th ?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure yet- I have a feeling I wont need to! St Johns how about you??
    Pembroke College

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.