Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Do they still have interviews? :O this late in Dec? I thought the already wraped up the interview period. What college? (Sorry if you already told)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St. John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    So anybody up for some architecture fun tomorrow? (by fun i mean getting your hopes crushed by 4 cambridge tutors, after you've just spent an hour futilely trying to remember how to pick up the pencil and write an essay and draw a bunch of buildings)
    Good luck to everyone with their Cambridge interviews this week.🍀🍀🍀
    I think St John's still have another interview day to go and it will be interesting to see how many are there . I counted about 16 at last week's so I'm guessing the applications for St. John's were really high this year . It was still a really good experience though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    good luck you two!!!
    thank youu! I'm terrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poopiepie)
    thank youu! I'm terrified
    I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀
    Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with
    Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Mature student (26) applying for Architecture K100.

Manchester School of Architecture - Unconditional offer
    UWE Bristol - Unconditional offer
    University of Liverpool - Portfolio requested
    Cardiff University - Portfolio requested
    University of the Arts London - Nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?
    found it! haha I was a little early

ReputationRep:
    found it! haha I was a little early
    I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?
    about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year

ReputationRep:
    about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year
    actually 12:
    - 5 guy, 7 girls
    - and 9 Asians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    Ucl, kent, cardiff, central saint martins
    Kind of playing around for the 3 latter ones
    It took edin 3 weeks to reply, but its xmas soon so don't worry!

Where did u apply?
    Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
    I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon

ReputationRep:
    actually 12:
    - 5 guy, 7 girls
    - and 9 Asians
    oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Is_bel2587)
    Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
    I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon
    You've got Nottingham??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)
    I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though )

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

Now I can rest in peace after my cambridge interview.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

Omg congrats!!! Still waiting for mine :/

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though )

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)
    That's good!! At least you talked about the points that you wanted to get across, whereas I don't think I had... oh well, we'll all see in a month time

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls at Christ's too - I wonder when the stats on that come out?!
    Just looking at the stats - I see that nearly twice as many girls applied than boys, twice the number got offers and a smidge more than twice as many accepted.
    That last figure suggests that the conversion rate of offer->place is slightly lower with boys. I wonder if that's down to exam performance or personal choice.
    I only know of 2 people who would turn down an offer from Cambridge if their preferred option came through (a girl and a boy).

Just seen that History of Art admitted 1 boy and 22 girls in 2015!

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

wait you were at st john's? *-*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.