Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Do they still have interviews? :O this late in Dec? I thought the already wraped up the interview period. What college? (Sorry if you already told)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St. John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    So anybody up for some architecture fun tomorrow? (by fun i mean getting your hopes crushed by 4 cambridge tutors, after you've just spent an hour futilely trying to remember how to pick up the pencil and write an essay and draw a bunch of buildings)
    Good luck to everyone with their Cambridge interviews this week.🍀🍀🍀
    I think St John's still have another interview day to go and it will be interesting to see how many are there . I counted about 16 at last week's so I'm guessing the applications for St. John's were really high this year . It was still a really good experience though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    good luck you two!!!
    thank youu! I'm terrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poopiepie)
    thank youu! I'm terrified
    I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀
    Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with
    Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Mature student (26) applying for Architecture K100.

Manchester School of Architecture - Unconditional offer
    UWE Bristol - Unconditional offer
    University of Liverpool - Portfolio requested
    Cardiff University - Portfolio requested
    University of the Arts London - Nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?
    found it! haha I was a little early

ReputationRep:
    found it! haha I was a little early
    I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?
    about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year

ReputationRep:
    about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year
    actually 12:
    - 5 guy, 7 girls
    - and 9 Asians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    Ucl, kent, cardiff, central saint martins
    Kind of playing around for the 3 latter ones
    It took edin 3 weeks to reply, but its xmas soon so don't worry!

Where did u apply?
    Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
    I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon

ReputationRep:
    actually 12:
    - 5 guy, 7 girls
    - and 9 Asians
    oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Is_bel2587)
    Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
    I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon
    You've got Nottingham??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)
    I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though )

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

Now I can rest in peace after my cambridge interview.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

Omg congrats!!! Still waiting for mine :/

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though )

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)
    That's good!! At least you talked about the points that you wanted to get across, whereas I don't think I had... oh well, we'll all see in a month time

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls at Christ's too - I wonder when the stats on that come out?!
    Just looking at the stats - I see that nearly twice as many girls applied than boys, twice the number got offers and a smidge more than twice as many accepted.
    That last figure suggests that the conversion rate of offer->place is slightly lower with boys. I wonder if that's down to exam performance or personal choice.
    I only know of 2 people who would turn down an offer from Cambridge if their preferred option came through (a girl and a boy).

Just seen that History of Art admitted 1 boy and 22 girls in 2015!

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Cardiff.

wait you were at st john's? *-*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.