Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Same here... They must have just done a batch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    When did you hand in your task?
    It arrived around 7 November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    Same here... They must have just done a batch.
    For what day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    CONGRATS BTW ( cant find right emoji)
    Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Just been invited to UCL interview for February! I don't want to go there but still hurray!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come you don't want to go? Also, is Camb your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone from UCL reads this forum?!

BTW, 7th Feb here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    How come you don't want to go? Also, is Camb your first choice?
    My heart belongs to Edinburgh. I find Cam inspiring as a city, same with Edinburgh.

I don't really want to live in London (way too big and expensive), and the Bartlett as an environment seems a bit... bleak? I just feel like ucl isn't for me. But also: how could I know if I never visited it before? That's why I want to go to the interview, though rn it seems I won't be able to. (Due to lack of money and lack of family support. Xmas spirit haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to the new Bartlett building or the old (temporary) one?
    London is a tough place to live for a student. Great for a young worker, though.
    What a shame about the lack of support.

ReputationRep:
    My heart belongs to Edinburgh. I find Cam inspiring as a city, same with Edinburgh.

I don't really want to live in London (way too big and expensive), and the Bartlett as an environment seems a bit... bleak? I just feel like ucl isn't for me. But also: how could I know if I never visited it before? That's why I want to go to the interview, though rn it seems I won't be able to. (Due to lack of money and lack of family support. Xmas spirit haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. London may be more accessible and advanced but it doesn't have that charm that Edinburgh has.
    Bartlett as I heard is quite hardcore, but you have to admit their stuff is quite amazing. Does really push your limits

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cambridge has a lot of character but London is super modern. And don't forget it's second in the world for architecture!!! worst case scenario you could always ask if they did skype interviews???

ReputationRep:
    So do we believe that only 1 in 5 gets an interview at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to the new Bartlett building or the old (temporary) one?
    London is a tough place to live for a student. Great for a young worker, though.
    What a shame about the lack of support.
    Both actually I understand that it's new and all, but... in Cam you can find a park/court/any nature thingy on every corner. I have never been to London before, but according to google maps, even trees are rare around there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather.scb)
    Cambridge has a lot of character but London is super modern. And don't forget it's second in the world for architecture!!! worst case scenario you could always ask if they did skype interviews???
    I plan to!

But rn I'm trying to convince my mom to let me go. She just doesn't seem to understand that even though this isn't my first choice, I might as well need it in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So do we believe that only 1 in 5 gets an interview at UCL?
    Where is your info from? On the website they wrote that it's 14 applications/place, and they accept 100 students. I beleive they invite 400/450 applicants for interview.

And I think it doesn't matter if we believe it or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eRric_O)
    Anyone sent off their UCAS yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had and Oxford Brookes asked for my portfolio! super duped to do one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    Hello everyone!

I applied to:
    University of Cambridge (Robinson College because they have the best food out of all the colleges...that's not the actual reason hahaha)
    University of Bath
    University of Nottingham
    University College London (UCL)
    Oxford Brookes University

All for K100

So I sent my application off on 25th September and so far, I have:
    - Sent off SAQ for Cambridge
    - Sent off drawings for the Bartlett Task
    - Sent off e-portfolios to Oxford Brookes and Nottingham

I have received an invitation for an interview at Oxford Brookes but I suppose the other universities like Cambridge/Nottingham/UCL will not reply till mid-November and Bath maybe even later.
    My top choice is the University of Bath!

Feel free to contact me:
    Instagram: _matthewho_

I will keep updating this start-up statement in terms of news from universities and such.

Have funnnnnn

Matt
    Hey Matt!
    I'm a Malaysian student currently taking the International Baccalaureate (in Malaysia ofc) and applied through UCAS.
    I applied for:
    Cardiff
    UCL
    Oxford Brookes
    Sheffield
    Manchester

all also for (K100) Architecture.

I am looking forward to follow this thread and learn as much as I can before I submit my portfolios and go for interviews.

Cheers!
    Kamarul Azizi

ReputationRep:
    Where is your info from? On the website they wrote that it's 14 applications/place, and they accept 100 students. I beleive they invite 400/450 applicants for interview.

And I think it doesn't matter if we believe it or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it is just 400 and 2000 apply (as was claimed here a few weeks back), then it's gratifying for those bring offered an interview that they are 1 in 5 - not far off the Cam applicationffer ratio. It doesn't "matter", but it should give you an opportunity to pat yourself on the back.

ReputationRep:
    If it is just 400 and 2000 apply (as was claimed here a few weeks back), then it's gratifying for those bring offered an interview that they are 1 in 5 - not far off the Cam applicationffer ratio. It doesn't "matter", but it should give you an opportunity to pat yourself on the back.
    And heres me still waiting for an invite after saying they received my task on the 7th of november 😭 i might call them on monday 😔😕

ReputationRep:
    I would avoid calling them. We waited longer.

ReputationRep:
    I would avoid calling them. We waited longer.
    Really? Hmm alright thank you i shall hold out!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.