Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather.scb)
    Really? Hmm alright thank you i shall hold out!
    I'd wait until mid Jan, but maybe an email would be less annoying/invasive on their time?

ReputationRep:
    I have just sent my portfolio off to Kent, but I have no idea if I've done it right! Did the just want the link pasted into the notes box???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiacovxo)
    I have just sent my portfolio off to Kent, but I have no idea if I've done it right! Did the just want the link pasted into the notes box???
    I did the same thing, seems to be ok

ReputationRep:
    How did you send your portfolio to the university when you made it on carbonmade? i have just finished mine and its ready to go but I don't know how to send them it???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that has applied to Manchester, how long after applying did it take for them to ask for a portfolio? I sent mine off three weeks ago and have still received any information!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiacovxo)
    Anyone that has applied to Manchester, how long after applying did it take for them to ask for a portfolio? I sent mine off three weeks ago and have still received any information!
    Was exactly a month for me. Then received my offer a week after I'd sent it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    Was exactly a month for me. Then received my offer a week after I'd sent it.
    Ah okay thank you! I'll give it another week or so then 😊

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from ucl after their interview ?

ReputationRep:
    Finally got offer from Nottingham!! yah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ranatabatabaie)
    Anyone heard back from ucl after their interview ?
    Nope😂😭

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, they've got a lot of winnowing down to do - far more than anyone else. They could offer places to the "obviously great" candidates immediately, but if I were them, I'd bide my time until the majority of candidates have been interviewed and then start sending out the offers and rejections, leaving a few "maybes" until the last minute

ReputationRep:
    Mind you, we're expecting about half of all interviewees to receive offers...

ReputationRep:
    I think less than half... Like a fourth

ReputationRep:
    My figures (possibly based on historical figures) are:

Applications: 2000
    Interviews: 450
    Offers: 220
    Places: 100

Which do you disagree with?

ReputationRep:
    Offers part. I was at their summer school and I heard something along the lines of 110, and it wasn't places.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way they'll only give out 110 offers. 220 sounds like quite a lot, I agree, but given that many of those with offers will either go for Cambridge or not make the offer, they'd have to do more. Maybe 200? Unless, I suppose, they are lenient on those missing offers.

I think my figures are based on a published 11% offer rate - but I'm not sure if the 2000 figure is correct!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Have been following this tread but didn't even have time to set up an account! Applied to Cambridge, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bath and GSA.

Has anyone here applied to Sidney Sussex at Cambridge?

Good luck to us all xx

ReputationRep:
    A potential next-door neighbour here (my daughter)

ReputationRep:
    Heard they handed out interviews today

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they'll respond before 24th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.