Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 006609900)
    Thanks a lot for taking time to answer. Though it's something different with Edi, like it's a placement combined into the 4th year, but to me it doesn't look like it's for the whole year. So many Edinburgh applicants here, I'm sure someone knows?

(Original post by czhang1998)
    Hiya I think for the MA abroad pathway, it means that you will spend a year abroad for work placement and then a year back in Edinburgh for Part II of RIBA/ MA studies. Whereas the MA placement pathway, you'll be doing 9 months of work placement and then a year of master's. This is what their programme suggests : http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergr...018/utarch.htm
    Hope this helps
    That's a seriously confusing webpage!

What leapt out at me is the box at the top says the course has ARB accreditation at Part I, but only RIBA Candidate Status (i.e. It has not yet been validated by the RIBA). It gets a bit messy here, because you only need the course to have RIBA validation (an exemption from the RIBA Examinations) if you later want to become a member of the RIBA (a Chartered Architect). As the course is accredited by the ARB (accreditation is a paper-based exercise rather than a full-on inspection), you would be able to progress through Part II and III and register on the ARB Register as an Architect. On the other hand, it seems to say further down that the course is RIBA validated as well as ARB accredited. Worth asking the question about the consequences for you, if you are considering this course...

ReputationRep:
    I feel hopeless waiting for Cardiff. =.="

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard when such a big thing is looming over you, but you must remember that there's nothing you can do about it now - it's in the lap of the Gods. Is there some other project you can obsess about instead?! ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baiichi)
    I feel hopeless waiting for Cardiff. =.="
    I am also waiting for Cardiff so dw there's still hope for us do remember it's still holiday time for unis

ReputationRep:
    Rebellions are built on hope...

ReputationRep:
    Quiet here, but I guess today is/was the the day where Cambridge pool offers were decided. So it's just a case of waiting now. Presumably other universities will be back at work tomorrow and maybe a glut of offers from Cardiff and the like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    Quiet here, but I guess today is/was the the day where Cambridge pool offers were decided. So it's just a case of waiting now. Presumably other universities will be back at work tomorrow and maybe a glut of offers from Cardiff and the like?
    That's a scary thought 😳😳😳
    Also anyone got an offer from Sheffield yet ? Sent portfolio end of November .
    Happy new year to all on this forum. Let's hope 2017 is a good year for all of us🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    That's a scary thought 😳😳😳
    Also anyone got an offer from Sheffield yet ? Sent portfolio end of November .
    Happy new year to all on this forum. Let's hope 2017 is a good year for all of us🎉🎉🎉
    Yeh I got sheffield but it took them ages tho. I sent mine to them in mid October and didn't get an offer till late December. 2 months of waiting. Yh happy new year hope its better than lousy 2016. Don't stress about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    Yeh I got sheffield but it took them ages tho. I sent mine to them in mid October and didn't get an offer till late December. 2 months of waiting. Yh happy new year hope its better than lousy 2016. Don't stress about it.
    Cheers. Thanks for that. Will be patient a bit longer.
    Where else have you applied / got offers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)
    Cheers. Thanks for that. Will be patient a bit longer.
    Where else have you applied / got offers ?
    Got offers from Sheffield, Nottingham and Liverpool. Waiting on Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    Got offers from Sheffield, Nottingham and Liverpool. Waiting on Manchester.
    How long did you have to wait for Liverpool? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    How long did you have to wait for Liverpool? Thanks
    sent it on the 3rd of december got an offer on boxing day which is weird cos i was told they unit dont give out offers when the semester has ended (during the xmas break).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    sent it on the 3rd of december got an offer on boxing day which is weird cos i was told they unit dont give out offers when the semester has ended (during the xmas break).
    thank you, they seem quite quick then

ReputationRep:
    Any more offers?!

ReputationRep:
    wait what? does that mean we get to know who got dropped in the pool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    wait what? does that mean we get to know who got dropped in the pool?
    Not sure what you mean by "dropped in the pool"... Quite an ambiguous turn of phrase!
    On 12th, all should become clear. I'm assuming that nobody being pooled will be required to attend an interview. If that were the case, they'd hear on Friday 6th.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you mean by "dropped in the pool"... Quite an ambiguous turn of phrase!
    On 12th, all should become clear. I'm assuming that nobody being pooled will be required to attend an interview. If that were the case, they'd hear on Friday 6th.
    Architecture is a tiny course at Cambridge, so there will almost certainly be no applicants being interviewed for the pool. There were only ten pool offers last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasilBrick)
    Architecture is a tiny course at Cambridge, so there will almost certainly be no applicants being interviewed for the pool. There were only ten pool offers last year.
    Yes indeed - although that's nearly 20% of the total... ;-)

ReputationRep:
    has anyone received a portfolio request from Sheffield yet for a K100 degree

ReputationRep:
    6 days to go for Cambridge d-day😱

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.