Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    Anyone received offers from Manchester yet its my last one and I'm worried because I had to send my portfolio to them through some long blog and I'm scared they might not have got it for some reason.
    When did you send it? I sent mine 3rd December and on the 5th I got a confirmation email that they'd received it and that it had been passed on to the admissions tutor. If you've got that email, you should have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    When did you send it? I sent mine 3rd December and on the 5th I got a confirmation email that they'd received it and that it had been passed on to the admissions tutor. If you've got that email, you should have nothing to worry about.
    Nope I don't have that email. Ive checked 10 times that I wrote the correct email address [email protected] so they must of received the link to my blog. Only reason I can think of is that they had broken up for term at the time. Have u received a reply yet, offer or no offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    Nope I don't have that email. Ive checked 10 times that I wrote the correct email address [email protected] so they must of received the link to my blog. Only reason I can think of is that they had broken up for term at the time. Have u received a reply yet, offer or no offer?
    why not send them an email tomorrow, just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GrétaPanna;69537774]Ahh a mate in destiny. I don't know if knowing that we were so close is a good or a bad thing. I guess it's good. Will you ask for feedback? Are you thinking about reapplying?
    I know. Ultimately I think I will feel I can walk away from this experience feeling like I was actually good enough for Cambridge ( well , obvs not quite !!) which wasn't something I ever expected to be able to say . Sad that got so close and became more attached to it during this process ( damn you student room !!) than I'd expected.
    Really happy for all of the others who made it. Truly well deserved.
    I think I will ask for feedback ( but not sure if it will help me feel better or worse !) and don't think I could face going through the upheaval again to re apply .
    Do they do part 2 ?? Not sure.
    Now I just need to fall back in love with my original top choice of Bath ( Cambridge was always just a long shot) and start working hard towards achieving those predicted grades !!
    Anyone else here hoping to go to Bath ?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester still haven't asked me for a portfolio and I sent my application at the start of December, I don't know what to do???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiacovxo)
    Manchester still haven't asked me for a portfolio and I sent my application at the start of December, I don't know what to do???
    Same here! ☺ Sent my application on December 1 exactly and I got the acknowledgement email but nothing else yet.

Right now I'll just wait patiently. A friend applied 2 weeks before me and he got a portfolio request last week so hopefully ours will come in the coming week(s)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Peter Pan99;69567566]
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Ahh a mate in destiny. I don't know if knowing that we were so close is a good or a bad thing. I guess it's good. Will you ask for feedback? Are you thinking about reapplying?
    I know. Ultimately I think I will feel I can walk away from this experience feeling like I was actually good enough for Cambridge ( well , obvs not quite !!) which wasn't something I ever expected to be able to say . Sad that got so close and became more attached to it during this process ( damn you student room !!) than I'd expected.
    I think I will ask for feedback ( but not sure if it will help me feel better or worse !) and don't think I could face going through the upheaval again to re apply .
    Now I just need to fall back in love with my original top choice of Bath ( Cambridge was always just a long shot) and start working hard towards achieving those predicted grades !!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel you, I am trying to fall in love with Edinburgh once again. Quite hard, but easier with each passing day. Good luck with Bath!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Peter Pan99;69567566]
    Ahh a mate in destiny. I don't know if knowing that we were so close is a good or a bad thing. I guess it's good. Will you ask for feedback? Are you thinking about reapplying?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes me here!! Need an offer first hahaha! Wouldn't mind going to the Bartlett either.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TSRMatt;69586832]
    (Original post by Peter Pan99)

yes me here!! Need an offer first hahaha! Wouldn't mind going to the Bartlett either.
    I hope you get to hear soon from Bath . I noticed on last years's thread that it was the end of March before some got their offers ,but I know how hard it is being patient ! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, Im currently debating whether I should firm Newcastle or Cambridge (got offers for both). Anyone in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrolegkorol)
    Hey everyone, Im currently debating whether I should firm Newcastle or Cambridge (got offers for both). Anyone in a similar situation?
    Well I cannot see a suject of debate here what are the conditions? You can always put newcastle as insurance...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    I would email them to make sure if you sent it a while ago. Or check your junk email? But yeah, if you sent it over Christmas it may well be the reason.

I got an unconditional offer a week after the acknowledged my portfolio. However I already applied last year under the same UCAS number etc and got an offer then too, so I think it was much quicker this time since they might have already had me on file? Not sure, might have just been coincidence. Last year it took 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Well I cannot see a suject of debate here what are the conditions? You can always put newcastle as insurance...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*aab for cam and AAA for ncl. To be honest, cam seems a bit mundane, that's why I'm having second thoughts. Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    A*aab for cam and AAA for ncl. To be honest, cam seems a bit mundane, that's why I'm having second thoughts. Thanks for the reply
    Mundane? What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    which college did you get your offer from?

and what do you mean by mundane?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus college and I mean dull in comparison to other unis. Lots of lectures, less practical time, more stress etc.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus college and I mean dull in comparison to other unis. Lots of lectures, less practical time, more stress etc.
    true, but you get to learn from some of the top academics in the world. I checked out all my unis and cambridge undoubtedly had the most interesting staff.

ReputationRep:
    True, that's why I liked it. Uni in for learning, you will have more than enough time for practice while at work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A bit random but I went on the Kent's Architecture Day. It was interesting, makes me really want to go to the school. =)) We had 2 workshops and the people surrounding me were really active and were so talented (I wish my teammates had asked my opinions before deciding to do stuffs though, I secretly got pretty pissed tbh)

I will have my interview at Reading tomorrow. Wish me luck. =)

After this, I have to revise for IELTS on Saturday, praying that I will get 7 for all components =.=''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    I would email them to make sure if you sent it a while ago. Or check your junk email? But yeah, if you sent it over Christmas it may well be the reason.

I got an unconditional offer a week after the acknowledged my portfolio. However I already applied last year under the same UCAS number etc and got an offer then too, so I think it was much quicker this time since they might have already had me on file? Not sure, might have just been coincidence. Last year it took 3 weeks.
    YH they replied today to an email that I sent to the Manchester admissions team, that they're still working through portfolios more importantly they received it but just couldn't be asked to send an confirmation email lol. its a waiting game now.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.