Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finally an offer from Cardiff for AAA! Now just UCL to get 💪🏼

ReputationRep:
    Have any non-international applicants gotten anything from Bath or Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    Congrats. Me, meanwhile :'')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordnW)
    Have any non-international applicants gotten anything from Bath or Edinburgh?
    I received an offer from Bath in November but they seem to be sending them out in small batches. When did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baiichi)
    Congrats. Me, meanwhile :'')
    I'm sure this means they are finally sending out offers!! Finger crossed for you!!

ReputationRep:
    When did you send your Cardiff portfolio? I got a confirmation email on December 20 that they'd received mine. I guess they do say wait 6 weeks for their decision so there's time yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaha)
    YH they replied today to an email that I sent to the Manchester admissions team, that they're still working through portfolios more importantly they received it but just couldn't be asked to send an confirmation email lol. its a waiting game now.
    I guess January is a hectic time what with the UCAS deadline and stuff! Glad you can relax over it a bit now. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an offer from Sheffield <3
    happiest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    When did you send your Cardiff portfolio? I got a confirmation email on December 20 that they'd received mine. I guess they do say wait 6 weeks for their decision so there's time yet!
    I sent it to them in mid November so they did take their time ahah

ReputationRep:
    I sent it to them in mid November so they did take their time ahah
    Ah, seems I've got a while to wait then! (Not that I'm holding out much hope- I got rejected when I applied last year!) Congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)
    Ah, seems I've got a while to wait then! (Not that I'm holding out much hope- I got rejected when I applied last year!) Congratulations on your offer
    Thank you!! I'm sure you've got a much bigger chance this time

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I recieved my task for ucl, and i have till 31st. I wanted to ask can i use watercolour paper for it ..they seem to be really strict about it and i dont want to mess it up.. it says a4 sheets..do they mean printer sheets or?..thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaabrrieelaa21)
    Hey guys. I recieved my task for ucl, and i have till 31st. I wanted to ask can i use watercolour paper for it ..they seem to be really strict about it and i dont want to mess it up.. it says a4 sheets..do they mean printer sheets or?..thanks in advance
    What is a printer sheet? Where are you from that they don't have A4? It means 210mm x 297mm. Doesn't matter what grade of paper - even thin card would be fine.

It seems that they are quite precise in the spec, but those that asked found that they tended to be quite vague in terms of what you can get away with.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Peter Pan99;69567566]
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    Ahh a mate in destiny. I don't know if knowing that we were so close is a good or a bad thing. I guess it's good. Will you ask for feedback? Are you thinking about reapplying?
    I know. Ultimately I think I will feel I can walk away from this experience feeling like I was actually good enough for Cambridge ( well , obvs not quite !!) which wasn't something I ever expected to be able to say . Sad that got so close and became more attached to it during this process ( damn you student room !!) than I'd expected.
    Really happy for all of the others who made it. Truly well deserved.
    I think I will ask for feedback ( but not sure if it will help me feel better or worse !) and don't think I could face going through the upheaval again to re apply .
    Do they do part 2 ?? Not sure.
    Now I just need to fall back in love with my original top choice of Bath ( Cambridge was always just a long shot) and start working hard towards achieving those predicted grades !!
    Anyone else here hoping to go to Bath ?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup. Same boat. Got my rejection from Cambridge yesterday so Bath will be my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    What is a printer sheet? Where are you from that they don't have A4? It means 210mm x 297mm. Doesn't matter what grade of paper - even thin card would be fine.

It seems that they are quite precise in the spec, but those that asked found that they tended to be quite vague in terms of what you can get away with.
    it says plain A4 paper – which I assume refers to those ordinary paper you use for office printers.

from Oxford Dict:
    "(A piece of) paper without a pattern, lines, or other mark; (also) ordinary paper, as opposed to that which has a special finish, purpose, etc. "

Like you said, they might not care for such small infringements – your performance probably matter more than the paper you use.

However, I should point out that they do seem quite fussy in terms of specs (even specified no paper clips). So maybe you should just play safe, unless you truly hate plain paper.

ReputationRep:
    I would also assume that they specified plain A4 sheets (basically printer paper) because they are lighter, as you would have to send them via mail. I would just play it safe and do it on the printer paper, most of the drawings are relatively fast anyways!

Good luck (:

ReputationRep:
    Use any kind of paper, really. I used ivory aquarell paper and baige charcoal paper, both quite heavy and thick. They seem to be fine with it, since I got an interview. It only needs to be a4. Even a4 does not need to be strictly 210x297mm, I cut them by hand from a1 sheets, so obviously they weren't perfect. They certainly won't measure it by millimeters...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Cardiff or Glasgow yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much guys. The main thing is that print paper is not really an art supply.. i will take the risk..i mean if they reject me for that.. it gonna be stupid buut who knows. Best of luck everyone )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    it says plain A4 paper – which I assume refers to those ordinary paper you use for office printers.
    Well, my DD submitted at least one of hers on 300gsm "paper" ;-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.