Thank youu!
Original post by GrétaPanna
Was your interview in december?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup, late december!

Original post by starsfly
Congrats!

thank youu!
Well done poops (can we call you that?! ;-))
Original post by thewinelake
Well done poops (can we call you that?! ;-))

please do bhaha thank you (:
I'm very interested to know which option those holding offers from both Cambridge and The Bartlett will choose for firm/insurance. Seems that the takeup rate at Cambridge is very high, yet UCL is arguably the better course.

The same argument could be made for Bath, but I doubt many offer-holders choose Bath over the other two - if they prefer Bath, they likely don't even apply for Cambridge (what's the point?).
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm very interested to know which option those holding offers from both Cambridge and The Bartlett will choose for firm/insurance. Seems that the takeup rate at Cambridge is very high, yet UCL is arguably the better course.

The same argument could be made for Bath, but I doubt many offer-holders choose Bath over the other two - if they prefer Bath, they likely don't even apply for Cambridge (what's the point?).

Personally, I'm firming Cambridge as I'm into the town (soo prettyy), the course structure, and the staff were really nice :biggrin: I'm not really feeling the London life haha. With Bath, I really liked the course, however the campus didn't really 'wow' me the way Cambridge did.

(maybe shallow, but hey, I'm applying for Architecture so it should kinda make sense :wink: )
I suspect that logic is far from unique ;-)
One of the questions is going to be choice of insurance. Even though Bath was giving out the same A*AA offers as Cambridge, my guess is that they'd be more willing to compromise, should something go wrong and one gets just AAA. AAB from UCL (I presume that was the offer) is clearly the safer bet, but if smelly old London is the turn-off it appears to be, then why even have it as insurance?
One of the questions is going to be choice of insurance. Even though Bath was giving out the same A*AA offers as Cambridge, my guess is that they'd be more willing to compromise, should something go wrong and one gets just AAA. AAB from UCL (I presume that was the offer) is clearly the safer bet, but if smelly old London is the turn-off it appears to be, then why even have it as insurance?

But Bartlett is amazing for Architecture though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely it is. Seems to me that it is the best place (maybe in all of Europe) for developing a creative style. The London thing can be a big negative for some, though.
Absolutely it is. Seems to me that it is the best place (maybe in all of Europe) for developing a creative style. The London thing can be a big negative for some, though.

I definitely agree.

I suppose for you architects, the buildings and atmosphere does matter! :wink:

It's a balance between the best course and location.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe with all the latest data, they should add air quality to the various university ranking tables.
Hi :smile: Applying for 2017 entry, wondering who else has an offer from Cambridge? I applied to Nottingham, Bath, UCL, Cambridge and Edinburgh. Got Nottingham and Cambridge back, rejected from Bath and nothing from the other two yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by christieswallow
Hi :smile: Applying for 2017 entry, wondering who else has an offer from Cambridge? I applied to Nottingham, Bath, UCL, Cambridge and Edinburgh. Got Nottingham and Cambridge back, rejected from Bath and nothing from the other two yet

Mee, hii 🙋🏻 Which college did you apply to?
Original post by christieswallow

Well done - unusual to get rejected by Bath and accepted by Cambridge! Sounds like UCL offers are beginning to come out.

My DD (Christs) and a few others here (easy to find if you scan back) have Cambridge offers.

Are you in the Architecture Offer-holders group on Facebook?
Reply 977
I got an email from Cardiff on December 20 to say that they'd received my portfolio. Tomorrow marks 8 weeks since that date. Should I be worried? (I'm sure I've read somewhere that they take up to 6 weeks!)
Original post by rhmj
I got an email from Cardiff on December 20 to say that they'd received my portfolio. Tomorrow marks 8 weeks since that date. Should I be worried? (I'm sure I've read somewhere that they take up to 6 weeks!)

Took mine 3 months dont worry!
Reply 979
Original post by starsfly
Took mine 3 months dont worry!

Ah thank you! Could be waiting a while longer then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending