Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KK.Violinist)
    Just be yourself and don't get too worked up over it. Go in there knowing you did the best you could. Good luck!

Btw, Edinburgh ABB??? I received my offer from them and it's AAA.....
    ABB surprised me as well. I heard of AABs, but this is new.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself and don't get too worked up over it. Go in there knowing you did the best you could. Good luck!

Btw, Edinburgh ABB??? I received my offer from them and it's AAA.....
    Thanks
    Yh ABB for Edinburgh
    I was a bit surprised too tbh
    I don't know if my PS was particularly strong or something but I didn't think it was
    I have a feeling it's partly contextual due to the mess my school is in right now

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of ABB for Edinburgh before. Not sure if it means they think you're better than someone who they offer AAA to - or maybe they think they like you but think you might not get AAA?!

ReputationRep:
    perhaps that depends on ur predicted grades? they won't give an AAA offer to someone with predicted ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaNuel8)
    perhaps that depends on ur predicted grades? they won't give an AAA offer to someone with predicted ABB
    Maybe.... In which case, why not give everyone ABB?

I can only think that some people seem more attractive to them, but they might not make the academic grades.

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 3As so idk if it's that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas McLucas)
    I was predicted 3As so idk if it's that
    R u international?

ReputationRep:
    Only 200? I might have to think about cutting mine down then, I have 500 or so...
    I should have replied sooner but nah, don't do it.

I did my interview and I think I made a big mistake of not writing much. The interviewer barely took notes during my interview.

Fml tbh

(Original post by baiichi)

I did my interview and I think I made a big mistake of not writing much. The interviewer barely took notes during my interview.

Fml tbh
    dont be so negative.
    u dunno the result yet.
    they prob dont take notes anyways or u r on the right track.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected yesterday from Edinburgh. I am soooo very sad, also utterly angry and annoyed. Why? (Really, I can't see why.)

UCL, my dear, have mercy on me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baiichi)

Fml tbh
    Yeah, I ended up submitting with 470 or so, I figured I might as well go all out haha, set a good impression. You should be fine, as long as you showed your passion for your work enough to convince them. Btw, What questions did they ask you?

(Original post by GrétaPanna)
    I got rejected yesterday from Edinburgh. I am soooo very sad, also utterly angry and annoyed. Why? (Really, I can't see why.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn, sorry to hear that. Honestly, I'm surprised that they don't require portfolio or interview and base their decisions just on UCAS application. If they had required portfolio, I might have been rejected, it happened to my friend who sent them hers when she applied for fine art....

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So sorry to hear that. Fingers, toes, etc crossed.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that.

UCL's better anyway!

ReputationRep:

Damn, sorry to hear that. Honestly, I'm surprised that they don't require portfolio or interview and base their decisions just on UCAS application. If they had required portfolio, I might have been rejected, it happened to my friend who sent them hers when she applied for fine art....
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    So sorry to hear that. Fingers, toes, etc crossed.
    (Original post by bbglop)
    Sorry to hear that.

UCL's better anyway!
    Thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I ended up submitting with 470 or so, I figured I might as well go all out haha, set a good impression. You should be fine, as long as you showed your passion for your work enough to convince them. Btw, What questions did they ask you?
    Hmm, it depends on the interviewer. Mine is generally interested in everyone's works I think.

The questions range from "Why do you choose Bartlett?" and stuffs that are related to your works (why you do it, what is it, etc)

I think there is also "Do you have any further questions?" Which I said no, which was a bad idea =)))))

Another interviewer barely gives any **** about your work and just asks the most random question =)))))

Just go in and be confident I would say (probably prepare a further question lol)

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an uncon offer for Edinburgh for architecture- scottish student- anyone know if they are letting people drop current school subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a ual offer yet?
    And does anyone know when ucl offers started coming out last yr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas McLucas)
    Has anyone had a ual offer yet?
    And does anyone know when ucl offers started coming out last yr?
    Got ual offer...
    ucl is already givinng out offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evebrown99)
    I've just got an uncon offer for Edinburgh for architecture- scottish student- anyone know if they are letting people drop current school subjects?
    I'm also a Scottish student and received an unconditional offer.. I got a letter through the post yesterday confirming this and stated that they give offers taking into consideration s6 subjects too and if you chose to drop one you have to contact the uni first..
    Don't know If you received this letter too but if not I'd make sure the uni knows before you drop any subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjsnebfkvks)
    I'm also a Scottish student and received an unconditional offer.. I got a letter through the post yesterday confirming this and stated that they give offers taking into consideration s6 subjects too and if you chose to drop one you have to contact the uni first..
    Don't know If you received this letter too but if not I'd make sure the uni knows before you drop any subject
    yeah i just got the letter yesterday and have emailed - just wanted to double check as they haven't emailed back yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.