Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer of A*AA from Bath and am considering putting it as an insurance. I got an offer of A*AAA from Cambridge and was wondering how low people reckon Bath will go on results day; ie if I get lower grades than that will I still get in, and how low.

ReputationRep:
    One would assume that they would go lower - eg. A*AB if not AAA or AAB. Of course it depends on the overall situation.
    Offers like A*AAA (or even A*A*A*A* as I've heard of) do call into question the wisdom of doing 4 A-levels!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BasilBrick)
    I got an offer of A*AA from Bath and am considering putting it as an insurance. I got an offer of A*AAA from Cambridge and was wondering how low people reckon Bath will go on results day; ie if I get lower grades than that will I still get in, and how low.
    Looking at http://www.bestcourse4me.com/explore/?Tab=ALevel I wouldn't expect Bath to go lower than AAB - last year 5% of entrants had a B in physics, 2% had a B in Maths, 2% had a B in FM and 1% had a B in Art& Design.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how competitive central saint martins is? i.e applications per place
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by EmmaNuel8)
    does anyone know how competitive central saint martins is? i.e applications per place
    http://university.which.co.uk/centra...rs-k101-453664
    27% of applicants get offers (not all of those will chose it as their firm or make the grades).

ReputationRep:
    I am so worried, because it's already the end of april, and if they don't reply by 5 may, my application will be automatically withdrawn by ucas. Hurry up, ucl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    I am so worried, because it's already the end of april, and if they don't reply by 5 may, my application will be automatically withdrawn by ucas. Hurry up, ucl!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't worry - they extend the dates if you haven't heard back in time

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rhmj)

Anyone still waiting for a decision has until June to pick firm/insurance.

The dates for universities to decide are not extended. If UCL don't send a decision to UCAS for on time applications by 5 May then those applications will be rejected by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)

Actually I don't think they do. If you applied by 15 January the university must reply by 5 May otherwise the choice is "automatically made unsuccessful". You then have until 8 June to firm one of your other offers. I am also worried but there seems to be so many of us still waiting and so few with an offer from UCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolobie)
    Actually I don't think they do. If you applied by 15 January the university must reply by 5 May otherwise the choice is "automatically made unsuccessful". You then have until 8 June to firm one of your other offers. I am also worried but there seems to be so many of us still waiting and so few with an offer from UCL!
    (Original post by PQ)
    Anyone still waiting for a decision has until June to pick firm/insurance.

The dates for universities to decide are not extended. If UCL don't send a decision to UCAS for on time applications by 5 May then those applications will be rejected by UCAS.
    Ah! I've understood the process then, ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    It's been 20 weeks since my interview at The Bartlett and still nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curlyheadedbean)
    It's been 20 weeks since my interview at The Bartlett and still nothing
    Then I guess I shouldn't say a word with my own eleven weeks. But hell, I'm so worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Then I guess I shouldn't say a word with my own eleven weeks. But hell, I'm so worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you should be, I think offers will be given out soon

They emailed me in the late March saying they might hold more interviews on the week beginning 24th of April (when I asked them to move my interview); so who knows, maybe there are some people who still didn't even have an interview? ;o

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should be, I think offers will be given out soon

They emailed me in the late March saying they might hold more interviews on the week beginning 24th of April (when I asked them to move my interview); so who knows, maybe there are some people who still didn't even have an interview? ;o
    Whaaaaat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaaat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i knoow right that's why i said no thanks - sounds kinda risky

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh??
    Could you let me know what offer you get if you do receive, please? I got AAA but I have four other friends who got ABB from the same course so I'm just wondering why:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KK.Violinist)
    Could you let me know what offer you get if you do receive, please? I got AAA but I have four other friends who got ABB from the same course so I'm just wondering why:confused::confused:
    sure! just hope I will get one
    when did you receive yours?

ReputationRep:
    sure! just hope I will get one
    when did you receive yours?
    22nd of February so quite awhile ago.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any opinions on edinburgh or sheffield, I've applied to both for 2017 and still haven't made a decision yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.