Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer of A*AA from Bath and am considering putting it as an insurance. I got an offer of A*AAA from Cambridge and was wondering how low people reckon Bath will go on results day; ie if I get lower grades than that will I still get in, and how low.

ReputationRep:
    One would assume that they would go lower - eg. A*AB if not AAA or AAB. Of course it depends on the overall situation.
    Offers like A*AAA (or even A*A*A*A* as I've heard of) do call into question the wisdom of doing 4 A-levels!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BasilBrick)
    I got an offer of A*AA from Bath and am considering putting it as an insurance. I got an offer of A*AAA from Cambridge and was wondering how low people reckon Bath will go on results day; ie if I get lower grades than that will I still get in, and how low.
    Looking at http://www.bestcourse4me.com/explore/?Tab=ALevel I wouldn't expect Bath to go lower than AAB - last year 5% of entrants had a B in physics, 2% had a B in Maths, 2% had a B in FM and 1% had a B in Art& Design.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how competitive central saint martins is? i.e applications per place
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by EmmaNuel8)
    does anyone know how competitive central saint martins is? i.e applications per place
    http://university.which.co.uk/centra...rs-k101-453664
    27% of applicants get offers (not all of those will chose it as their firm or make the grades).

ReputationRep:
    I am so worried, because it's already the end of april, and if they don't reply by 5 may, my application will be automatically withdrawn by ucas. Hurry up, ucl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    I am so worried, because it's already the end of april, and if they don't reply by 5 may, my application will be automatically withdrawn by ucas. Hurry up, ucl!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't worry - they extend the dates if you haven't heard back in time

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rhmj)

Anyone still waiting for a decision has until June to pick firm/insurance.

The dates for universities to decide are not extended. If UCL don't send a decision to UCAS for on time applications by 5 May then those applications will be rejected by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhmj)

Actually I don't think they do. If you applied by 15 January the university must reply by 5 May otherwise the choice is "automatically made unsuccessful". You then have until 8 June to firm one of your other offers. I am also worried but there seems to be so many of us still waiting and so few with an offer from UCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolobie)
    Actually I don't think they do. If you applied by 15 January the university must reply by 5 May otherwise the choice is "automatically made unsuccessful". You then have until 8 June to firm one of your other offers. I am also worried but there seems to be so many of us still waiting and so few with an offer from UCL!
    (Original post by PQ)
    Anyone still waiting for a decision has until June to pick firm/insurance.

The dates for universities to decide are not extended. If UCL don't send a decision to UCAS for on time applications by 5 May then those applications will be rejected by UCAS.
    Ah! I've understood the process then, ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    It's been 20 weeks since my interview at The Bartlett and still nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curlyheadedbean)
    It's been 20 weeks since my interview at The Bartlett and still nothing
    Then I guess I shouldn't say a word with my own eleven weeks. But hell, I'm so worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Then I guess I shouldn't say a word with my own eleven weeks. But hell, I'm so worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you should be, I think offers will be given out soon

They emailed me in the late March saying they might hold more interviews on the week beginning 24th of April (when I asked them to move my interview); so who knows, maybe there are some people who still didn't even have an interview? ;o

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should be, I think offers will be given out soon

They emailed me in the late March saying they might hold more interviews on the week beginning 24th of April (when I asked them to move my interview); so who knows, maybe there are some people who still didn't even have an interview? ;o
    Whaaaaat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaaat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i knoow right that's why i said no thanks - sounds kinda risky

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh??
    Could you let me know what offer you get if you do receive, please? I got AAA but I have four other friends who got ABB from the same course so I'm just wondering why:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KK.Violinist)
    Could you let me know what offer you get if you do receive, please? I got AAA but I have four other friends who got ABB from the same course so I'm just wondering why:confused::confused:
    sure! just hope I will get one
    when did you receive yours?

ReputationRep:
    sure! just hope I will get one
    when did you receive yours?
    22nd of February so quite awhile ago.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any opinions on edinburgh or sheffield, I've applied to both for 2017 and still haven't made a decision yet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.