Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funinthesun)
    Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that a large part of being an artist is not thinking you're god's gift to art. I understand that you're irritated that you didn't get in, but you shouldn't look to blame the university for your shortcomings - use it as a learning experience and improve. Lots of love, me.
    Hey,

I don't think of myself as the best, to any extent. I am actually chosing the path of architecture cuz I'm not even in the best 5 art students in my class - I'm leaving fine art to them. I don't consider myself an artist neither - I may will after completing an art degree, or maybe not even then.

My hard feelings for the uni come from my interview experience, where I - and a few others, reportedly - have been complimented on my portfolio and got asked why I haven't applied for fine art instead. I told them my answer on why I think arch is the path for me blabla... and then they said 'well, ok then, but your portfolio is so strong' and they even separately complimented my work in ceramics.

So my opinion, that the feedback I recieved was a uniform rubbish, is based on my experience and not my ego.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not aware of the quality of your work, but I know for a fact that UCL architecture dept are completely chaotic. So I would take anything they say with a massive pinch of salt.... This may be particularly acute this year, on account of their moving pains, but one senses that chaos is king at UCL!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    I'm not aware of the quality of your work, but I know for a fact that UCL architecture dept are completely chaotic. So I would take anything they say with a massive pinch of salt.... This may be particularly acute this year, on account of their moving pains, but one senses that chaos is king at UCL!!!
    Indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eRric_O)
    Where are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same question..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.