Turn on thread page Beta

"Not a fan" of oral sex watch

Announcements

I'll try and keep this as short as possible. I'm a female in my young twenties and my partner of 18 months is a male in his middle twenties. Our sex life is good and regular, however.. he has never performed oral sex on me. I have never made this a big issue but more recently it has started to affect me. I have only ever bought this up once with something along the lines of "how come you've never gone down on me" to his response of "I'm just not a fan of it". My reaction wasn't the best to which he said "I'll try and make an effort". This "effort" has never happened.

If there are any males that "aren't a fan" of oral sex either that could give me any advice would be great. And also a question for the females; what would you do in my situation and how would you approach this?

I am looking for genuine advice here. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Advice; stop trying to pressure him into doing something he doesn't want to do.

Ironic that the advert currently displaying next to your post for me is one about not pressurising girls into sexual acts when they don't want to. I guess it's acceptable to do it to males...

ReputationRep:
    if i was in your position i guess that while the guy might not be a fan of it i would hope he would be willing to get over it and do it for me. its understandable if he doesn't like it as everyone has their preferences but he should sacrifice esp if you do it back to him or do something for him you dont particularly enjoy.

(Original post by Reue)
    Advice; stop trying to pressure him into doing something he doesn't want to do.

Ironic that the advert currently displaying next to your post for me is one about not pressurising girls into sexual acts when they don't want to. I guess it's acceptable to do it to males...
    Pressure means forcing, I have never forced him. I have only ever made a query which is completely different.

(Original post by mkap)
    if i was in your position i guess that while the guy might not be a fan of it i would hope he would be willing to get over it and do it for me. its understandable if he doesn't like it as everyone has their preferences but he should sacrifice esp if you do it back to him or do something for him you dont particularly enjoy.
    It's caused me to stop going down on him (which I don't particularly enjoy either), I just did it to give him pleasure. I guess it's just annoying that he hasn't even tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Pressure means forcing,
    It really doesn't, and speaks volumes that you can't see the difference.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of guys, just like girls that are not a fan of oral...
    Don't go down on him if he is not willing to compromise.

ReputationRep:
    just hover over his face before he wakes up

Spoiler:
    Show
    im joking...

(Original post by Reue)
    It really doesn't, and speaks volumes that you can't see the difference.
    I have never pressured him to go down on me so I don't know why you have even bought that up. Like I said I was looking for good advice. But thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never pressured him to go down on me so I don't know why you have even bought that up. Like I said I was looking for good advice. But thanks.
    I brought it up because that is clearly the topic of this thread. Comments such as 'my response wasn't the best' suggest an element of pressurising.

I gave you good advice, whether you choose to ignore it is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give it to him then. Fair is fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Don't give it to him then. Fair is fair.
    This is such a childish approach that makes sex into some sort of trade agreement. If you love each other, you should be willing to please each other.

@OPs boyfriend. Not everything in sex has to be physically enjoyable for you, you should get pleasure out of pleasing your partner. As long as you both end up with mind-blowing orgasms, who cares how you get there?

As for me, I actually quite enjoy it.

Sorry, this isn't really advice. I have absolutely no idea what you should do. Good luck!

SS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    This is such a childish approach that makes sex into some sort of trade agreement. If you love each other, you should be willing to please each other.

@OPs boyfriend. Not everything in sex has to be physically enjoyable for you, you should get pleasure out of pleasing your partner. As long as you both end up with mind-blowing orgasms, who cares how you get there?

As for me, I actually quite enjoy it.

Sorry, this isn't really advice. I have absolutely no idea what you should do. Good luck!

SS
    The fact is that ops boyfriend is not willing to want to pleasure her in the way that she feels is most effective. It will force him to rethink his approach to sex if she changes her strategy to match his. I doubt that it would be a long term abstention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    just hover over his face before he wakes up
    Spoiler:
    Show
    im joking...
    :rofl: :five:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.