Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Overall, does imperial care about GCSE results for engineering? If you applied to imperial, can you tell me what you got for your GCSEs? I was just wondering whether a high proportion of imperial engineering students get 10+ A*s or whether it's mostly just 1 or 2 A* people.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's the opposite. Pretty much no one who does engineering gets amazing GCSEs tbh- most at imperial get around 3 or 4 A*s. I know a few guys who go there and they all got meh GCSEs but amazing A-level grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Overall, does imperial care about GCSE results for engineering? If you applied to imperial, can you tell me what you got for your GCSEs? I was just wondering whether a high proportion of imperial engineering students get 10+ A*s or whether it's mostly just 1 or 2 A* people.
    only oxbridge/LSE are GCSE Nazis, get great grades in A levels and have a solid PS, you'll get imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lol it's the opposite. Pretty much no one who does engineering gets amazing GCSEs tbh- most at imperial get around 3 or 4 A*s. I know a few guys who go there and they all got meh GCSEs but amazing A-level grades.
    That's great to hear! My gcses were poor: 1A* 6A 2B 1C.
    Do you think with a predicted A*A*A at A-level Ill have a chance for chemical engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGFakiie)
    That's great to hear! My gcses were poor: 1A* 6A 2B 1C.
    Do you think with a predicted A*A*A at A-level Ill have a chance for chemical engineering?
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.