Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Donald Trump the equivalent of Martin Luther king for the uneducated, jobless etc Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is Donald Trump the equivalent of Martin Luther king for the uneducated, jobless etc

Was reading a study which says those who support Trump are most likely to be uneducated (no degree), no job and largely white.

Discuss.

I've also noticed median income in the US has fallen and labour force participation has drastically declined since 1998.

ReputationRep:
    I think his appeal comes from the fact that he isn't part of the establishment and can't be bought by them. Add to that the fiery populist rhetoric and you're onto a winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I think his appeal comes from the fact that he isn't part of the establishment and can't be bought by them. Add to that the fiery populist rhetoric and you're onto a winner.
    well he has had some racist views, anti globalisation i.e basically just loser rhetoric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    well he has had some racist views, anti globalisation i.e basically just loser rhetoric.
    Blaming foreigners is the easy card to play and it works well with his target audience.

ReputationRep:
    ...elaborate? what has he said that's racist?

ReputationRep:
    Is Donald Trump the equivalent of Martin Luther king for the uneducated, jobless etc
    Martin Luther King's equivalent being....?

I mean, a sizable part of MLK's campaigning was getting better access to education and jobs for African-Americans (though later he moved to more broadly anti-poverty campaigning).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    ...elaborate? what has he said that's racist?
    Point i'm trying to make is, he appeals to the largely uneducated. Those that have fallen behind who tend to have more racist, inward oriented views. Who can't partake in the surpluses globalisation creates i.e through skilled jobs, trade, property rights etc. Basically Daily mail readers.

He's using it to his advantage, he's a die heart capitalist himself. He frequently outsources labour, pays minimal taxes, he's just doing what he thinks will give a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Point i'm trying to make is, he appeals to the largely uneducated. Those that have fallen behind who tend to have more racist, inward oriented views. Who can't partake in the surpluses globalisation creates i.e through skilled jobs, trade, property rights etc. Basically Daily mail readers.

He's using it to his advantage, he's a die heart capitalist himself. He frequently outsources labour, pays minimal taxes, he's just doing what he thinks will give a chance.
    but you said *he* was racist.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.celebtricity.com/donald-t...-by-anonymous/

“Everyone knows my dad was a Klansmen and it runs in the family but Look people…just because I’m an active KKK member doesn’t mean I’m a racist, I mean if Obama is a Muslim then why can’t I be apart of a brotherhood and have pride in my white heritage? If Obama shows me his birth certificate I will disassociate myself with the Klan, they do a lot of good for my community just like the people of Islam do on Obama’s behalf”

It's more amusing than anything to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    these people are basically the bottom of the barrel. Nothing much to do, set for vent at their own failures.

Maybe USA should change the eligibility for army recruitment and send them off to another war since they love to support the 0.01% Teeheeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D$I$)
    http://www.celebtricity.com/donald-t...-by-anonymous/

[/i][/b]

It's more amusing than anything to be fair.
    A quick google search reveals this is a fabrication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    A quick google search reveals this is a fabrication.
    Ok.

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/5...mp-quotes.html

“An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud"

Borderline racist, certainly libel and **** slanging of the very lowest intelligence.

I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Now that's just silly.

“Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”

Irony considering he's ugly as ****??

“Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

Ding ding ding. We have a winner it seems!

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

FFS Donald you need to look in the mirror man.

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

That's just ****ing weird.

“I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”

Hey look at me, I'm Donald and I talk about looks so much even though i'm a 3/10!

“You’re disgusting.”

''To put this into context, Donald Trump said this to the opposing lawyer during a court case when she asked for a medical break to pump breast milk for her three-month-old daughter.''

Can't believe I wasted 5 mins of my time actually talking about Donald f*cking Gump.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were trying to show he was racist. None of those quotes were.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were trying to show he was racist. None of those quotes were.
    “Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

??

ReputationRep:
    that's got to be the most discreditable source I've ever seen on the internet - you expect me to take this seriously? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    these people are basically the bottom of the barrel. Nothing much to do, set for vent at their own failures.

Maybe USA should change the eligibility for army recruitment and send them off to another war since they love to support the 0.01% Teeheeeeeeeeeee
    so you lied about donald trump being a "racist"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D$I$)
    [/b]

??
    Which part is racist? The part where he calls him african american? Or the suggestion of him being a role model for black young men?

ReputationRep:
    Which part is racist? The part where he calls him african american? Or the suggestion of him being a role model for black young men?
    The part where he is suggesting that Baltimore's faults lie solely with the African American community.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so you lied about donald trump being a "racist"
    these people have nothing better to do.

ReputationRep:
    these people have nothing better to do.
    who? me? well excuse me for giving a **** about the truth. and excuse me for stopping you from being about to lie without consequences.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.