Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had to quit my part time job as it was interfering with studying. I have so much coursework due over the next few weeks and it's just gotten too much.

I never signed a contract. They paid me, I worked. Obviously at least a verbal agreement exists.

According to a girl I work with, the notice period is a month. If I could work the notice period without it effecting my college work further I wouldn't bother quitting as coursework will be finished then anyway.

So, if I give a weeks notice and not the expected month, can they request more given the fact it's never been officially agreed upon? I got told the notice period was a week whilst I was on probation. Technically my probationary period has ended, but it's never been confirmed or a permanent contract signed. Even the girl on a contract was only on a temporary contract, now expired.

What do you think? A weeks notice or a month? For what it's worth, I don't actually do any work at work. I'm just a spare set if hands, so they won't miss me.

ReputationRep:
    A week is fine they can't force you to do more especially if you haven't worked there that long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    A week is fine they can't force you to do more especially if you haven't worked there that long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I agree. There was only verbal agreement aswell

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. That is what I'm thinking.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.