Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had to quit my part time job as it was interfering with studying. I have so much coursework due over the next few weeks and it's just gotten too much.

I never signed a contract. They paid me, I worked. Obviously at least a verbal agreement exists.

According to a girl I work with, the notice period is a month. If I could work the notice period without it effecting my college work further I wouldn't bother quitting as coursework will be finished then anyway.

So, if I give a weeks notice and not the expected month, can they request more given the fact it's never been officially agreed upon? I got told the notice period was a week whilst I was on probation. Technically my probationary period has ended, but it's never been confirmed or a permanent contract signed. Even the girl on a contract was only on a temporary contract, now expired.

What do you think? A weeks notice or a month? For what it's worth, I don't actually do any work at work. I'm just a spare set if hands, so they won't miss me.

ReputationRep:
    A week is fine they can't force you to do more especially if you haven't worked there that long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    A week is fine they can't force you to do more especially if you haven't worked there that long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I agree. There was only verbal agreement aswell

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. That is what I'm thinking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.