Turn on thread page Beta

Signed house for 2nd year but changed my mind watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I really want to stay anonymous.
    Me and 7 other girls have signed for a house for 2nd year and the contract starts and the end of July, but I've decided I want to move back home and commute because I'm really not enjoying being away from home at all and I know I would be so much happier if I just moved back. I would also save a lot of money.
    But how do I tell them this? I'm not even that close to them so I'm scared about how they'll react and I know I'll have to find someone to replace me in the house but I'm just terrified to tell them!
    Any advice???

    if its joint tenancy, they're gonna have to find someone to take your place and if not they'll be liable to pay your rent and bills.

    I say find a replacement for them tbh, they'd rather that than pay your rent so you might as well just tell them how it is.

    find a replacement first and then tell them. since you're not close, they won't really care as long as there's someone else to take your place before july.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.