Turn on thread page Beta

Breaking up to be with someone else?? watch

ReputationRep:
    In my last year of sixth form I was dating a guy and over summer we made it official. Since then he's gone to university and I'm on a Further Education course and we're completely different people now and all that jazz. Since starting at college I've met someone and I know I can't keep things going with my boyfriend but I don't know how to break up with him.

There are a number of reasons I want to break up with him, but do I tell him I met someone else or leave that part out?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'd leave that part out. He may think you've been cheating on him, if you mention someone else.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you.
    Though in this age, I'm sure he would find out at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it out, you're going to break up with him anyway, it's not like it's a deciding factor and it seems like you'll just hurt his feelings, explain to him the main reasons you want to break up and leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't leave it out. If he finds out later he will be furious and even more upset; possibly downright distrusting of future relationships.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.