This discussion is closed.
Brandon Kraft
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
After weeks of research ending with an 11-hour library marathon followed by a 6-hour all-night
writing feast, my HL History Internal Assessment is ready to be handed in (not finished...I could
always tweak little things here and there, but ready to turn in).

My thesis was that China's "religious freedoms" are not true freedoms (simplified). Focused on the
Catholic Church in China and China's stance towards Vatican relations, etc blah blah blah. (haven't
slept yet so I'm just out of it...hehe)

Thought I would share.... now I'm off to bed. =)

Brandon Wichita Falls, TX
Robbo
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
11 hours in a library! My goodness... well I spose I did about the same research wise for my essays,
but not in one go. I don't think Fisher library is open for 11 hours when I went there (wasn't
during uni term) (Fisher Libary is the 2nd biggest library in the Southern Hemisphere, in the
University of Sydney)

Brandon Kraft wrote:

[q1]> After weeks of research ending with an 11-hour library marathon followed by a 6-hour all-night[/q1]
[q1]> writing feast, my HL History Internal Assessment is ready to be handed in (not finished...I could[/q1]
[q1]> always tweak little things here and there, but ready to turn in).[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> My thesis was that China's "religious freedoms" are not true freedoms (simplified). Focused on the[/q1]
[q1]> Catholic Church in China and China's stance towards Vatican relations, etc blah blah blah.[/q1]
[q1]> (haven't slept yet so I'm just out of it...hehe)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thought I would share.... now I'm off to bed. =)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Brandon Wichita Falls, TX[/q1]
Peacelvevb
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
LOL I totally know what you mean. We did our rough drafts in a "marathon week" in January. I think I
wrote mine over a weekend, and skipped my first class the morning it was due to turn it in. We JUST
got our rough drafts back graded last week, and the final is due Monday... my teacher gave me a
16/20 on my paper on Kashmir; all I have to do is some minor citations and stuff.

I have a question for all the other IBers here... after spending years writing literary analyses, do
you find it difficult to write research/analysis papers? Before my senior year, I had written *3*
research papers in 3 years. I struggled with the history and extended essays because the style was
just... weird to me. Did anybody else experience this?
Brandon Kraft
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
It was horrible; I started the research about three weeks ago going about twice a week for the first
two weeks and then about 5 hours a night for the last week. I found tons and tons of interesting
stuff but not a whole heck of alot that pertained to my thesis. (I had some long footnotes...lol).
The last day, I brought a laptop up there so I could start writing and look up anything else I
needed to. Between getting stuck while writing and helping my cohorts on style and citation rules, I
didn't get much on paper.

Midwestern State University (a small university in Wichita Falls, about 6,000 full-time students)
has a decent library. I wished they had a bigger periodical section and longer hours (they kicked me
out at midnight). University of Texas' library (where I will be attending next year) stays open 24
hours a day during the school week. =)

Brandon

"Robbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> 11 hours in a library! My goodness... well I spose I did about the same research wise for my[/q1]
[q1]> essays, but not in one go. I don't think Fisher[/q1]
library is
[q1]> open for 11 hours when I went there (wasn't during uni term) (Fisher[/q1]
Libary is
[q1]> the 2nd biggest library in the Southern Hemisphere, in the University of Sydney)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Brandon Kraft wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> > After weeks of research ending with an 11-hour library marathon followed[/q2]
by
[q2]> > a 6-hour all-night writing feast, my HL History Internal Assessment is[/q2]
ready
[q2]> > to be handed in (not finished...I could always tweak little things here[/q2]
and
[q2]> > there, but ready to turn in).[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > My thesis was that China's "religious freedoms" are not true freedoms (simplified). Focused on[/q2]
[q2]> > the Catholic Church in China and China's stance towards Vatican relations, etc blah blah blah.[/q2]
[q2]> > (haven't slept yet so I'm just out of it...hehe)[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Thought I would share.... now I'm off to bed. =)[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Brandon Wichita Falls, TX[/q2]
Robbo
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I had problems with my writing style and expression and stuff. IB and nice English, History and
Latin teachers helped me get over that.

PeaceLveVB wrote:

[q1]> LOL I totally know what you mean. We did our rough drafts in a "marathon week" in January. I think[/q1]
[q1]> I wrote mine over a weekend, and skipped my first class the morning it was due to turn it in. We[/q1]
[q1]> JUST got our rough drafts back graded last week, and the final is due Monday... my teacher gave me[/q1]
[q1]> a 16/20 on my paper on Kashmir; all I have to do is some minor citations and stuff.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I have a question for all the other IBers here... after spending years writing literary analyses,[/q1]
[q1]> do you find it difficult to write research/analysis papers? Before my senior year, I had written[/q1]
[q1]> *3* research papers in 3 years. I struggled with the history and extended essays because the style[/q1]
[q1]> was just... weird to me. Did anybody else experience this?[/q1]
Brandon Kraft
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I didn't have any problems except not being sure where to go with the paper. The style didn't bother
me and I actually enjoyed being able to use footnotes but I hadn't a clue after I figured out one
paragraph where the next one was to come.

Brandon "PeaceLveVB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> LOL I totally know what you mean. We did our rough drafts in a "marathon[/q1]
week"
[q1]> in January. I think I wrote mine over a weekend, and skipped my first[/q1]
class the
[q1]> morning it was due to turn it in. We JUST got our rough drafts back graded[/q1]
last
[q1]> week, and the final is due Monday... my teacher gave me a 16/20 on my[/q1]
paper on
[q1]> Kashmir; all I have to do is some minor citations and stuff.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I have a question for all the other IBers here... after spending years[/q1]
writing
[q1]> literary analyses, do you find it difficult to write research/analysis[/q1]
papers?
[q1]> Before my senior year, I had written *3* research papers in 3 years. I struggled with the history[/q1]
[q1]> and extended essays because the style was[/q1]
just...
[q1]> weird to me. Did anybody else experience this?[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (268)
34.27%
No (514)
65.73%

Watched Threads