Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are Londoners so bargy Watch

ReputationRep:
    Constantly barging and brushing shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    They are used to having less personal space than you. People in rural areas often keep a distance when interacting because they are used to having more space.

ReputationRep:
    We are all busy tbh and we are all angry for some reason. That's London for you.

ReputationRep:
    you are never more than 12 cm from a rodent in Ole Lunnun Towne

ReputationRep:
    Stand on the right then!

ReputationRep:
    Most usually just aren't really paying attention to other people and not looking where they are going. Sometimes you just need to because other people are not letting you pass (or standing on the left of escalators -_- ). I've had to where i was rushing to get to a train and the people in front took up the whole isle and I asked them politely to move out the way to let me pass and they didn't so you just have to push past them. Honestly I don't find it that big a deal if you're paying attention to what is going on yourself...it's just a minor annoyance...it's the drivers in london you've got to watch out for (any of my friends know how much I rant about cars just going round corners without indicating or parts of london where there are no pedestrian crossings).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    :lolwut: ?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is in everyones way but we still have to get from A to B one way or the other. We don't have all day either.

ReputationRep:
    get used to it bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Stand on the right then!

It actually confuses me when people stand on the wrong side, or stand on the right whilst putting their bag on the left. sometimes i feel i should be allowed to kick it out the way.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    We are all busy tbh and we are all angry for some reason. That's London for you.

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    You make it sound like they all know each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)
    It actually confuses me when people stand on the wrong side, or stand on the right whilst putting their bag on the left. sometimes i feel i should be allowed to kick it out the way.
    If it's rush hour, you probably are.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's in a rush and there's too many people. Saying 'excuse me' 1000x is just a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of Tube rage/train rage, usually between middle age middle class looking men who like to get all uppity and huffy with each other safe in the knowledge that neither of them are hard enough to do anything about it.

I saw one a month or so back where one guy started huffing at another then the other turned round, took his headphones out and said in a broad Glaswegian accent "eh.....have ye got a problem man?", Mr Huffy Indignant soon scurried away "er...no....no".

ReputationRep:
    I've seen somebody so desperate not to miss the tube that they jumped on as the door was closing and got their head trapped. I'm from the midlands and my boyfriend is from London, I'm always telling him Londoners are nuts. When he visited me the first time he was shocked that the shop assistant tried to have a conversation with him.

ReputationRep:
    London - the place in the UK with the most wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    Londoners can see OP's weakness and won't move for him. Be thankful you're not a member of another species/a Spartan that leave their sub-par offspring to die.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice__90)
    I've seen somebody so desperate not to miss the tube that they jumped on as the door was closing and got their head trapped. I'm from the midlands and my boyfriend is from London, I'm always telling him Londoners are nuts. When he visited me the first time he was shocked that the shop assistant tried to have a conversation with him.
    Just imagining sitting on the tube looking at someone's who's head is stuck in the door. I wouldn't know what to do :rofl::rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.