Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatisJusMe)
    Thanks indeed! Please are still doing your A Level Exams?
    I've finished my A levels and have applied for medicine again! If you have any questions, feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Thanks indeed! Please are still doing your A Level Exams?
    How could universities reject a student with 13 A* on GCSES and 5 A's for AS? This is evilly madness in totality.
    I am very. very sorry. My God!

ReputationRep:
    8.1, 5.5, 2.5 A

I was really worried about section 2 (couldn't finish) and I guess that impacted my performance in the essay section. Is there still hope?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hi Imperial. Be a darling and abolish the bmat cut-offs this year, please? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzie98)
    I've finished my A levels and have applied for medicine again! If you have any questions, feel free to ask
    Thanks a lot. I would be doing my AQA A levels next year, Please did you also use AQA?
    I would be taking Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Sociology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    How did you got those scores but then get a C?

That's the weirdest thing
    Lol, I know right. So now my emotion is all over the places. On one hand, I met the requirement for Oxford nicely. On the other hand, I may just miss the bands for Imperial, which is super weird considering I had A* for my English language also. Let's hope they don't just straight reject me for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t0311)
    Lol, I know right. So now my emotion is all over the places. On one hand, I met the requirement for Oxford nicely. On the other hand, I may just miss the bands for Imperial, which is super weird considering I had A* for my English language also. Let's hope they don't just straight reject me for this.
    They will, unfortunately. You have to get at least a B grade.

Pretty **** policy - based on consistency in each section, rather than an overall score.

It's like asking for a UKCAT of 650, but then rejected anyone who scores below 630, even if they average 700.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    will the cut be the same as last year?
    Nobody knows. It tends to fluctuate each year, but usually not by much.
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by t0311)
    I'm in quite a strange situation with 6.0 7.0 and 3C lol. Master usycool1 please, which band will I be in?
    If the cut off for section 3 is a C, you may get to band 3 but sadly, it has been a B for the past few years I believe. I see from your other posts that you've applied to Oxford, however? If your GCSEs are good, they're pretty good for Oxford.
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by anonmous270)
    Anyone know when each band is interviewed?
    They should start sending out interviews very soon now (in the next couple of weeks or so is when my guess would be). I'm not so sure that they'll send it out to all band 1s first, then band 2s and then band 3s though - I was in band 2 (or maybe even 3) when I applied but was invited in the first batch.

Please, is there anybody here who is applying for the second time? this is my first time and so I want to know if I can still apply to the same universities next year. Thanks..
    It depends on the Medical School but for Imperial, if you are rejected pre-interview, you can try again next year. I myself got pre-interview rejected from Imperial first time but am now a second year here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    They should start sending out interviews very soon now (in the next couple of weeks or so is when my guess would be). I'm not so sure that they'll send it out to all band 1s first, then band 2s and then band 3s though - I was in band 2 (or maybe even 3) when I applied but was invited in the first batch.

It depends on the Medical School but for Imperial, if you are rejected pre-interview, you can try again next year. I myself got pre-interview rejected from Imperial first time but am now a second year here.
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    If the cut off for section 3 is a C, you may get to band 3 but sadly, it has been a B for the past few years I believe. I see from your other posts that you've applied to Oxford, however? If your GCSEs are good, they're pretty good for Oxford.
    I see. Thanks a lot for the reply anyway! That's why I feel so bizarre. Just 1 grade change from B to C may push me from high band 1 to instarejected. To make it even weirder, this score is actually decent for Oxford. I guess it's just different schools have different policy. Well, anyway, I'll just focus on Oxford application. Good luck all of you!

ReputationRep:
    What are the highest cut off scores for imperial over the past few years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t0311)
    I see. Thanks a lot for the reply anyway! That's why I feel so bizarre. Just 1 grade change from B to C may push me from high band 1 to instarejected. To make it even weirder, this score is actually decent for Oxford. I guess it's just different schools have different policy. Well, anyway, I'll just focus on Oxford application. Good luck all of you!
    A remark might be suitable

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone just receive this email?

"I’m Dr Margaret Callan and I’m the Director of Admissions, Equality and Diversity in the School of Medicine.
    Over the next two weeks we will review your BMAT score against our BMAT threshold, and then a panel of academic and clinical staff will assess your personal statement and academic reference on your UCAS form.
    I anticipate that we will be holding approximately 55 interviews during December 2016 and January 2017 Applicants who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be contacted by our Registry team from 5 December onwards. An e-link will be provided to allow applicants to select their preferred interview date and time with the first interviews taking place on 13 December.
    We will be contacting you again before Christmas to let you know how your application is progressing so please look out for an email from us."

Kind of scary now tbh, I'm feeling slightly nervous, I don't expect an interview though with 4.3, 3.7 and 3A...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)

"I’m Dr Margaret Callan and I’m the Director of Admissions, Equality and Diversity in the School of Medicine.
    Over the next two weeks we will review your BMAT score against our BMAT threshold, and then a panel of academic and clinical staff will assess your personal statement and academic reference on your UCAS form.
    I anticipate that we will be holding approximately 55 interviews during December 2016 and January 2017 Applicants who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be contacted by our Registry team from 5 December onwards. An e-link will be provided to allow applicants to select their preferred interview date and time with the first interviews taking place on 13 December.
    We will be contacting you again before Christmas to let you know how your application is progressing so please look out for an email from us."

Kind of scary now tbh, I'm feeling slightly nervous, I don't expect an interview though with 4.3, 3.7 and 3A...
    Got a similar score, just swap s1 and 2 around. Quite doubtful I'm gonna get one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)

I just got the same too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alldayniqqa)
    Got a similar score, just swap s1 and 2 around. Quite doubtful I'm gonna get one.
    Oh really. you did well on S2! I found that section really hard, especially trying to answer all the questions in the time given so ended up guessing quite a lot :/

I've applied for Graduate Medicine, I doubt this will help me in any way

ReputationRep:

Can you explain the batch policy for me please? Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys was wondering what my chances would be. Any help would be great.
    BMAT: S1 - 5.9, S2 - 5.3, S3 - 2.5B (what I'm worried about)
    Predicted: A*A*A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.