Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Happyals)
    usycool1 do you know as an Imperial MBBS student would they allow you to intercalate at a different uni if they don't do the ibsc you want to do?
    Thanks
    Yes, although you'll end up wasting a fair amount of time in Year 1/2 if you do that (you have assignments in those years that count towards your BSc mark for Imperial's BSc's).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Yes, although you'll end up wasting a fair amount of time in Year 1/2 if you do that (you have assignments in those years that count towards your BSc mark for Imperial's BSc's).
    Oh ok thanks, fair point!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or has no one received an offer holders pack yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Is it just me, or has no one received an offer holders pack yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I emailed them and they said they're still sending them out

ReputationRep:
    Received my pack today

ReputationRep:
    usycool1 is it possible to have a part time job whilst at uni or will it be too much stuff to handle. Also how many days a week is uni?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Abj0)
    usycool1 is it possible to have a part time job whilst at uni or will it be too much stuff to handle. Also how many days a week is uni?
    Some of my friends do have part time jobs - in preclinical this is, I'd imagine it to be pretty much impossible in clinical years - and some seem to find it OK, others don't. I couldn't do it personally, but it all depends on how good you are at managing your time or on how much other stuff you get involved in.

Number of days vary each week in pre-clinical. You'll be in on most days though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how lenient imperial is with people who miss the standard a*aa offer but get AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystallinedrops)
    Does anyone know how lenient imperial is with people who miss the standard a*aa offer but get AAA?
    lmao I need to know the answer to this as well...

ReputationRep:
    Not very, last year something like 5 who missed their offer got in, the rest were rejected. It's A*AA- best advice is to smash out revision like a true grafter and earn your place. Good luck lads and lasses x

ReputationRep:
    Ngl i have no insurance and this offer isnt looking as good as i thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashy99)
    Ngl i have no insurance and this offer isnt looking as good as i thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahaha that's exactly how i feel after these new exams :sigh::sigh:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else got an email about being considered for a scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    nope. was it a recent e-mail? congrats!

ReputationRep:
    I received one too. How many people have received this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    nope. was it a recent e-mail? congrats!
    Thanks and yeah it just came yesterday

ReputationRep:
    How did everyones exams go??

ReputationRep:
    Wow it hurts to look at this thread after my exams went so ****. When i applied for accom after chem paper 3 i was just thinking this is sooo pointless. The only subject i think I got an A in is maths. bio and chem im expecting Bs when im meant to get an A* in one of them so its almost guaranteed i ain't meeting my offer. I despise the Tories for screwing over my future with these new a levels yes i screwed myself over with dumb mistakes i made in the exams but the old a levels were so much ****ing easier you could basically guarantee yourself AAA with solid AS results which you could resit even if you flopped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliottmanwaring)
    Not very, last year something like 5 who missed their offer got in, the rest were rejected. It's A*AA- best advice is to smash out revision like a true grafter and earn your place. Good luck lads and lasses x
    Did u get the 5 ppl thing from whatdotheyknow? If so then FML!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutschmaster99)
    Did u get the 5 ppl thing from whatdotheyknow? If so then FML!!

Can you please link the whatdotheyknow?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.