Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    What are the highest cut off scores for imperial over the past few years?
    I remember it going to 4.9, 4.9 one year.

(Original post by nhimxu17)
    Can you explain the batch policy for me please? Many thanks!
    As in, bands or how they send interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzie98)
    Hi! I'm really sorry but no i'm a gap year applicant, last year i got 5.7 4.3 3A, only missed the cut off by 1 mark for section 2 and was rejected to give you perceptive i got 13 A* on my GCSES and had 5 A's for AS, was predicted 4 A* and they never gave me a chance, was gutted

Its ridiculous that they don't even consider your application as a whole and are so quick to cut you off, but I just wanted to give you the truth good luck for your other unis, don't give up hope yet x
    oh dear this feels totally awful i've got good predicted grades too but im worried my bmat will pull me down especially because im an international applicant, sigh it's such a dreadful feeling to have everything you worked hard for come crashing down because of a single aptitude test > it's so unfair that capable people are being rejected because of their lack of speed in a test??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherritable)
    oh dear this feels totally awful i've got good predicted grades too but im worried my bmat will pull me down especially because im an international applicant, sigh it's such a dreadful feeling to have everything you worked hard for come crashing down because of a single aptitude test > it's so unfair that capable people are being rejected because of their lack of speed in a test??
    Hi my BMAT scores are section 1- 4.7, section 2- 5.5, section 3 - 3A any chance of Imperial

I got 4.3 4.5 2.5A. I am so on the fence

It could go either way but what do you guys think of my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zetajones)
    Hi my BMAT scores are section 1- 4.7, section 2- 5.5, section 3 - 3A any chance of Imperial
    Nice, you should be in band 2. If the rest of your application is fine then u should be getting an interview around the middle of December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    I got 4.3 4.5 2.5A. I am so on the fence

It could go either way but what do you guys think of my chances?
    You're right u r on the fence but there is still a chance, your section 2 and 3 meet the cutoffs, section 1 could be okay not sure about that though. Stay hopeful

ReputationRep:
    Here are my scores for the BMAT,

Section 1: 4.6
    Section 2: 4.7
    Section 3: 3A

Will I get into band 2, and if so what are the chances of being invited to interview from band 2?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    do you think i would be considered for an interview with 4.0, 4.9 and 3.5A?
    super disappointed with my S1

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdmedic)
    Here are my scores for the BMAT,

Section 1: 4.6
    Section 2: 4.7
    Section 3: 3A

Will I get into band 2, and if so what are the chances of being invited to interview from band 2?

thanks
    Last year u would have made the cutoff for band 2, however last year it was particularly low, this year the cutoff may be as low, but i can't be sure.

Based on 2014 data, success rate for an interview in band 2 was 69.5%. There is a chance that you could be in band 3 but even then chances of getting an interview are not bad, 59.6% (slightly lower only because there are more people in band 3.) Assuming the rest of your application is good, then i think u will probably get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulLOL)
    hi,
    do you think i would be considered for an interview with 4.0, 4.9 and 3.5A?
    super disappointed with my S1

thanks
    I'm afraid to say that i have never seen a BMAT cutoff for imperial to ever be that low. It's a shame because your other two section are good. Sorry :/

ReputationRep:
    what band would 5.6 5.3 3b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    what band would 5.6 5.3 3b
    Those are some good scores. U definatley meet the cutoffs, but that B makes it slightly harder to work out which band u r in. I have feeling u could be in band 2, if the cutoff this year is a B, but some years the cutoff is an A. If the cutoff is an A then u will be in band 3. Don't worry, u still have a good chance at getting an interwiew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApartName43)
    Those are some good scores. U definatley meet the cutoffs, but that B makes it slightly harder to work out which band u r in. I have feeling u could be in band 2, if the cutoff this year is a B, but some years the cutoff is an A. If the cutoff is an A then u will be in band 3. Don't worry, u still have a good chance at getting an interwiew.
    The absolute cutoff for the essay is always 2.5b isnt it

ReputationRep:
    Last year u would have made the cutoff for band 2, however last year it was particularly low, this year the cutoff may be as low, but i can't be sure.

Based on 2014 data, success rate for an interview in band 2 was 69.5%. There is a chance that you could be in band 3 but even then chances of getting an interview are not bad, 59.6% (slightly lower only because there are more people in band 3.) Assuming the rest of your application is good, then i think u will probably get an interview.
    Do you mind sending the cut offs from last year and your source please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The absolute cutoff for the essay is always 2.5b isnt it
    Yes it is, but the cutoff for band 2 is 3A, sometimes its has been 3B. I'm not certain though.

(Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._band_1_cut_of
    (my bad i was talking about the 2015 entry cycle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Data about probability of getting interview: http://uclmedic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/...guide-for.html

ReputationRep:
    I got 8.5 5.5 3.5A
    Do you think this will get band 1?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I got 4.9 6.2 4A. Can someone explain how these bands work? Im scared that my 1st section score is going to bring me down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanloo9)
    I got 8.5 5.5 3.5A
    Do you think this will get band 1?
    Bloody hell, that section 1 score though. U can get into band 1 as long as the cutoff for section 2 is 5.5 or below. 2015 entry cutoff for band 1 was 5.4 5.4 3.5B

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, that section 1 score though. U can get into band 1 as long as the cutoff for section 2 is 5.5 or below. 2015 entry cutoff for band 1 was 5.4 5.4 3.5B
    Thanks i was really surprised with the section 1 and 3

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.