The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I got 4.7 4.9 2.5A and I was wondering would my sec 1 and sec 2 marks be able to get band 2? My essay won't I know but then I could go for a remark if there is a possibility of getting that band 2.
Guys, were your AS grades indicated in your subject reference, regardless of exam you sat in (internal or external)? I ask as mine includes a B grade in two of my subjects and i worry that it would bring my application down.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Is there such thing as band 3 and 4?

If so, what does everyone reckon these cut offs are approx?

Band 4 is quite low I think for widening participation which you need to be eligible for. (My section 1 was so low so I'm hoping to get an interview through WP #killmeforhoping😂)
Reply 223
If it's for Imperial, I don't think they look at AS (and GCSEs) so it shouldn't really matter. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamDev
If it's for Imperial, I don't think they look at AS (and GCSEs) so it shouldn't really matter. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish they took AS results into account instead of 100% BMAT for shortlisting
Original post by CutieTootsie
Band 4 is quite low I think for widening participation which you need to be eligible for. (My section 1 was so low so I'm hoping to get an interview through WP #killmeforhoping😂)

Ah okay how do they decide whether you're eligible for Widening Participation?

Aww hopefully you get an interview, my scores for the BMAT were on the low side especially S2: 4.3, 3.7, 3A :/
such a mistake applying to imperial
Ah okay how do they decide whether you're eligible for Widening Participation?

Aww hopefully you get an interview, my scores for the BMAT were on the low side especially S2: 4.3, 3.7, 3A :/

Ours are very similar, but my lowest score is lower loooool 3.3, 4.7, 3.5A

And erm things like free school meals, first generation to university in your family, etc.
Ours are very similar, but my lowest score is lower loooool 3.3, 4.7, 3.5A

And erm things like free school meals, first generation to university in your family, etc.

You did well on S2 and your essay, they're good scores!

Oh I was eligible for contextual data with BSMS because I've applied there so I guess I'd be eligible for Imperial too, no idea how you tell them though :/
But I've applied for Graduate Entry so maybe not lol
You did well on S2 and your essay, they're good scores!

Oh I was eligible for contextual data with BSMS because I've applied there so I guess I'd be eligible for Imperial too, no idea how you tell them though :/
But I've applied for Graduate Entry so maybe not lol

Ohhhh no idea about graduate entry. The competition for you guys is brutal #wouldnotwishonmyenemy
Original post by susan.baik.1998
do i have any chance for an interview with 5.9 4.9 and 3A?

U have some good scores, you'll probably be in band 2
Original post by iamDev
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I got 4.7 4.9 2.5A and I was wondering would my sec 1 and sec 2 marks be able to get band 2? My essay won't I know but then I could go for a remark if there is a possibility of getting that band 2.

Yes your sec1 and 2 would get u into band 2 but because u got 2.5A it means overall u will be in band 3
Ohhhh no idea about graduate entry. The competition for you guys is brutal #wouldnotwishonmyenemy

I don't think it applies to graduates unfortunately :frown:
Tell me about it, I have no hope for Imperial, I expect a rejection :/
Hey I got 4.7 4.9 4A

Will this meet band 2? I know last year band 2 was 4.6 4.6. Do you guys think it will be higher or lower this year?
I don't think imperial look at GCSEs anymore
Hey guys, another imperial hopeful here! Everyone's stats look amazing! Hope we'll get interviews
6.6 5.7 3B
Would that put me into band 2 safely?
Reply 237
Got 3.8 6.2 2.5A

Disappointed with section 1, but nevertheless do you think I have a chance of an interview?
Original post by Doooo
Got 3.8 6.2 2.5A

Disappointed with section 1, but nevertheless do you think I have a chance of an interview?

Sorry but the cutoffs have never been that low I'm afraid. Your section 2 score is great though!
Would 5.2, 4.5, 3.5A be ok for this year ??

Quick Reply

Latest