Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Who's hoping Imperial lower the cut-offs this year 😂

a lot of universities have done that this year to increase the numbers on their waiting list to avoid having to go into clearing lol but maybe Imperial will be ruthless 😭 crying inside #givememyrejectionalready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, St George's with their ****ing 50 places in clearing - how the **** does that even happen😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Lol, St George's with their ****ing 50 places in clearing - how the **** does that even happen😂
    Did st George have clearing for medicine last year.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Did st George have clearing for medicine last year.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that's what I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhidC)
    What are chances of getting an interview with these scores:
    S1- 4.5, S2-5.3, S3-3.5A
    My predicted grades are A*AA with the A* in bio. I feel i have a good personal statement and reference.
    You stand in good stead to get an interview. Hopefully you have a good personal statement and grades. Nevertheless, I feel the most important thing right now is just simply to get down and focus on passing those A-Levels, as those grades in August are like the nervous system to your whole application. Without them, you might as well withdraw your application now. So just focus on the upcoming exams, and if and when the interview comes, you can take it from there.

Remember, "Nothing worth having comes easy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Well that's what I said
    But don't they require UKCAT.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Unless you're in the Widening Participating band, I'm afraid you need to meet the cut off to be considered.
    Do you have a link to this? I want to see the criteria.

ReputationRep:
    I called and had a long chat with them, what happens is, if youve met the cut off in two but not one section, they will review your ps and then decide on which band to put you in. This was for band one so i dont know if they do the same for their lowest band as well
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MeDMeD251)
    I called and had a long chat with them, what happens is, if youve met the cut off in two but not one section, they will review your ps and then decide on which band to put you in. This was for band one so i dont know if they do the same for their lowest band as well
    I wish you found out for the lowest band! Some people are worried about not having a chance at all lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeDMeD251)
    So I could be put in a higher band if they like my ps?? thats good news cos I got 6.6 4.9 and 4A so s1 ans s3 could band one

ReputationRep:
    What's the cut off for band 1?
    scores are 6.6 5.7 and 3B, do I have a good chance of getting an interview?
    P.S. I'm international applicant
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    To everyone asking if their BMAT would meet Band 1/2/3/the cut-off at all - the answer is we don't know. It changes every year so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see if you get interviewed at all.

I also wouldn't worry too much about what band you're in - most people who meet the cut-off will get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    To everyone asking if their BMAT would meet Band 1/2/3/the cut-off at all - the answer is we don't know. It changes every year so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see if you get interviewed at all.

I also wouldn't worry too much about what band you're in - most people who meet the cut-off will get an interview.
    When do you think they might start sending out rejection letters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    When do you think they might start sending out rejection letters?
    Last year, it was the last day of School Christmas holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Last year, it was the last day of School Christmas holidays.
    Oh dear! That's a great Christmas gift! Although I guess I have come to terms with the fact that I won't get accepted since I didn't meet the cut-off. Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timialli)
    Do you think I would be disadvantaged in any way because I did shockingly bad in section 1 (2.4 lol) because I'm just generally rubbish at critically thinking but I did well in sections 2 and 3 (5.1 and 3.5A)?
    I'm always intrigued as to how some people managed to do this. Anyways, you'll unfortunately be rejected pre-interview for not meeting the section one cutoff. Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmylyu)
    What's the cut off for band 1?
    scores are 6.6 5.7 and 3B, do I have a good chance of getting an interview?
    P.S. I'm international applicant
    International students have a different banding system. I believe it's high 7s for band 1. Not sure about section three

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mom0)
    So I could be put in a higher band if they like my ps?? thats good news cos I got 6.6 4.9 and 4A so s1 ans s3 could band one
    Yeah so from what i gathered they'de now look at your ps and be like band 1 or band 2

ReputationRep:
    Hi, please could anyone let me know if 4.5, 4.5 and 4 in S1, S2 & S3, respectively are good enough to qualify for Band 3? The wait is killing me, sorry!
    Usycool1, any thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    It's 4A in S3
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Picturesque2016)
    Hi, please could anyone let me know if 4.5, 4.5 and 4 in S1, S2 & S3, respectively are good enough to qualify for Band 3? The wait is killing me, sorry!
    Usycool1, any thoughts??
    Sorry, no idea. You'll likely just miss it or just make it. See my post above:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, however.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.