Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    International students have a different banding system. I believe it's high 7s for band 1. Not sure about section three
    That's actually not true. The banding system is the same for all applicants. Google it. You'll come across a freedom of information request pertaining to this. The Imperial rep categorically states that there is only one banding system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternationalDoc)
    That's actually not true. The banding system is the same for all applicants. Google it. You'll come across a freedom of information request pertaining to this. The Imperial rep categorically states that there is only one banding system.
    I've just noticed this. Regardless, I don't fancy any international student who isn't in band 1, there's barely any places and lots of strong applicants.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by impmed2017)
    Hi, just wondering if any of you think I've got a chance for Imperial (I am an international applicant)

IGCSE: 11A*, 1A
    IB Predicted: 44
    BMAT: 4.9,4.9,2.5A

Would appreciate any advice
    Honestly, it will be very difficult as an international. But not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Honestly, it will be very difficult as an international. But not impossible.
    I thought so
    But do you think my BMAT score will meet the cut-off?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I thought so
    But do you think my BMAT score will meet the cut-off?
    I'll be surprised if it doesn't but from what I have heard, international students usually have to score a bit higher than the cut off to be considered sadly. I don't know what exactly you have to score but going by past years, you'd need to be in band 2 at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'll be surprised if it doesn't but from what I have heard, international students usually have to score a bit higher than the cut off to be considered sadly. I don't know what exactly you have to score but going by past years, you'd need to be in band 2 at least.
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if any of you think I've got a chance for Imperial (I am an international applicant)

IGCSE: 11A*, 1A
    IB Predicted: 44
    BMAT: 4.9,4.9,2.5A

Would appreciate any advice
    Hello there, an international applicant from China here! Where are u from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmylyu)
    Hello there, an international applicant from China here! Where are u from?
    Hi! International Applicant from HK
    Where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! International Applicant from HK
    Where have you applied to?
    It's really nice to see another international applicant here . I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, Manchester and Bristol. Didn't get invited to an interview from Oxford though.....that's already an NO

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice to see another international applicant here . I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, Manchester and Bristol. Didn't get invited to an interview from Oxford though.....that's already an NO
    Oh no! Sorry about Oxford..
    How did your BMAT go if you don't mind me asking?
    I've applied to Imperial, UCL, Leicester and St.Georges London
    Just hoping for at least one interview!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! Sorry about Oxford..
    How did your BMAT go if you don't mind me asking?
    I've applied to Imperial, UCL, Leicester and St.Georges London
    Just hoping for at least one interview!
    6.6 5.7 3B
    Really want to go to imperial more than any others. Wish you all the best with your choices!

ReputationRep:
    6.6 5.7 3B
    Really want to go to imperial more than any others. Wish you all the best with your choices!
    Wow! Those are amazing scores! BEST OF LUCK!
    Yeah, me too, Imperial 'was' my first choice, but I'm pretty sure I won't get an interview
    Think I might take a gap year and try again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj3824)
    If you visit the imperial college london website..............

They no longer have gcse requirements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that aswell!!!😶 Why do you think that was the case? Hahaa

ReputationRep:
    I got 4.5, 5.7 and 4.5A respectively...based on previous years cut offs do u think section one will be good enough??? Also if they are what band would I be in???

ReputationRep:
    If they start calling for interview on Monday...does that mean that they will know their bmat cut off and can start rejecting people automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanx2)
    If they start calling for interview on Monday...does that mean that they will know their bmat cut off and can start rejecting people automatically.
    They already know their cut-off, but apparently these are not released until May 2017. In terms of rejections, I have heard from my friends in past years that Imperial doesn't start rejecting until January (but I don't know if this is completely true?)
    So you just have to be patient and wait, but I think your BMAT scores are great, you have a good chance of getting an interview!

ReputationRep:
    They already know their cut-off, but apparently these are not released until May 2017. In terms of rejections, I have heard from my friends in past years that Imperial doesn't start rejecting until January (but I don't know if this is completely true?)
    So you just have to be patient and wait, but I think your BMAT scores are great, you have a good chance of getting an interview!
    i heard they have a mass rejection day in january for all those shortlisted by the bmat cut off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    i heard they have a mass rejection day in january for all those shortlisted by the bmat cut off
    Yup, that is what I have heard ... Someone said second week of Jan?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm really worried about the 4.5 though. I've just been trying to compare the means based on the distribution-which is proving to be unsatisfying and inaccurate...do you think I can call admissions to ask whether they know the cut off or will it be a secret?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.