Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanx2)
    Thanks! I'm really worried about the 4.5 though. I've just been trying to compare the means based on the distribution-which is proving to be unsatisfying and inaccurate...do you think I can call admissions to ask whether they know the cut off or will it be a secret?
    they cant say till the end of the admissions cycle. theres no point stressing yourself out,you either meet it or you dont. knowing wont help

ReputationRep:
    Do Imperial use your BMAT essay at interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_Boi)
    Do Imperial use your BMAT essay at interview?
    No they don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanx2)
    Thanks! I'm really worried about the 4.5 though. I've just been trying to compare the means based on the distribution-which is proving to be unsatisfying and inaccurate...do you think I can call admissions to ask whether they know the cut off or will it be a secret?
    I relate with this so hard, my lowest section was also 4.5 (in Section 2), so I was really worried and also comparing the distribution graphs lol. But whatever happens, happens, so guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Do let me know what they say if you ring up though

ReputationRep:
    I wish you didn't have to meet the cut off in all 3 sections.

I'll probably meet 2 cut offs but definitely not the 3rd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)
    I wish you didn't have to meet the cut off in all 3 sections.

I'll probably meet 2 cut offs but definitely not the 3rd...
    That's the tough bit about Imperial. You have to be consistent in all 3 sections and that's why so many people miss the cut-off and get rejected straight away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-enforcer)
    That's the tough bit about Imperial. You have to be consistent in all 3 sections and that's why so many people miss the cut-off and get rejected straight away
    Yeah my lowest score is 3.7 which definitely won't meet a cut off so I expect a straight rejection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)
    Yeah my lowest score is 3.7 which definitely won't meet a cut off so I expect a straight rejection...
    Unlucky mate. If it's any consolation, I knew a guy who was rejected from Imperial the first time because of his BMAT score and he's now a 2nd year medic

I hope I meet the cut off for section 1 but it seems unlikely with a score of 4.3

I hope I don't have to wait till January to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Will it only be Band 1 and 2s who get their interviews sent tomorrow or can Band 3 people get interviews tomorrow too? I'm asking if in the past this has been the case?

ReputationRep:
    Guys! Any updates? Anyone got any interview invites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringSword)
    Guys! Any updates? Anyone got any interview invites?
    I'm guessing there will be invites sent out at 5?

ReputationRep:
    All I want for Christmas is an interview! I don't want to work as a phlebotomist for the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    How do we know that interviews will be sent out today??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I received a mail saying that interview invites will be sent out from DEC 5th onwards....

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get an interview invitation today but I doubt it, good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringSword)
    I received a mail saying that interview invites will be sent out from DEC 5th onwards....
    How's ur BMAT? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any interview invitations received?? They said from 5th Dec, right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why am I still watching this thread when I'm going to get rejected lol. It like I'm torturing myself 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picturesque2016)
    Any interview invitations received?? They said from 5th Dec, right?
    Yeah that's what they said in the email, damn I'm nervous lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.